aberdeen-music

Draconian VS. Richards

So, maybe this can be a constructive discussion about which of these two tattoo establishments provides better service, and more importantly, Aberdeens best tattooists.

Maybe you have had a tattoo done at either of these two places and would like to share your views and opinions?

Yes please :)

draconians all the way' date=' richard isn't the nicest of men and he makes me feel rather uncomfortable. :)[/quote']

Draconian here too. Never had anything done at Richards myself but my ex & some other folk had piercings done at Richards & whilst there were few problems with the actul work, they all commented on feeling uncomfortable.

I've had two tattoos done at Draconian & some tidying-up on the others & would have no problem going back

Exept that I really don't need another tat! :O

Draconian here too. Never had anything done at Richards myself but my ex & some other folk had piercings done at Richards & whilst there were few problems with the actul work' date=' they all commented on feeling uncomfortable.

I've had two tattoos done at Draconian & some tidying-up on the others & would have no problem going back

Exept that I really don't need another tat! :O

i've had 2 piercings done there...my tongue and my lip. they did my tongue at an extreme angle which meant the bar was grinding against my front bottom teeth, so i had to take that one out. and they did my lip with a 1.2 bar which was far far too short to accomodate for swelling...after piercing with a 1.6 needle, go go bleeding ;(

first time i was there it was a woman that did it and she was extremely rude, then i had a guy who i tried to talk to but just ignored me, and when he did say something it was rude/sarcastic.

needless to say, i never did or will go back. i get my tattoos and my piercings done at retro rebels now, although i have been to draconians in the past and never had a problem at all.

Ive had tats from both richards and drac...I found richards a better tattoo as in neatness etc but his attitude bloody stinks.....I had 2 of myy tattoos done in 2 days and both times his attitude was bloody mental..

I had a big black symbol put on my upper arm..Because the black was so intense and big the muscles started having a spazm..Clearly it wasnt me moving my arm but my arm was wobbling and the muscle was jittering about like hell....He stopped doing the tattoo looked at me in discust and said if my arm didnt stay at peace he would stop the tattoo .. I mean wtf was i meant to do like have a word with it

I've had no problem with piercings from Richards, though I'd rather go to Daryl at Retro Rebels these days. Richards does the best tats by a country mile, and let's face it - he might be abrupt, but you're not there to have a nice chat about the weather. I'd rather have good work done by someone who was a bit off than shoddy work done by someone who was nice.

I've had two tats done at Richards, and although they are alright done, the guy who did them was a total prick both times. He had a go at me for tensing my muscle while he was tattooing me, I explained that I wasn't doing in on purpose but it was just a natural raection to pain, he looked over at the other tattoist guy and laughed at me and told me to "fucking sit still". If it wasn't for the fact that I would be left with half a tattoo I would have told him to go to fuck and walked out. Both times he was surly, unhelpful, didn't offer me any after care advice, and seemed to have nothing but complete disdain for the customers who are paying his wages. I wouldn't get another tattoo there if they paid me. I think the fact that you can walk in to Richards and walk out again half an hour later with a tattoo, whereas having to book weeks in advance at Draconian speaks volumes about which one is the better establishment.

Plus, a sign in any shop saying "No hookers or streetwalkers allowed" doesn't exactly scream "class".

I've had two tats done at Richards' date=' and although they are alright done, the guy who did them was a total prick both times. He had a go at me for tensing my muscle while he was tattooing me, I explained that I wasn't doing in on purpose but it was just a natural raection to pain, he looked over at the other tattoist guy and laughed at me and told me to "fucking sit still". If it wasn't for the fact that I would be left with half a tattoo I would have told him to go to fuck and walked out. Both times he was surly, unhelpful, didn't offer me any after care advice, and seemed to have nothing but complete disdain for the customers who are paying his wages. I wouldn't get another tattoo there if they paid me. I think the fact that you can walk in to Richards and walk out again half an hour later with a tattoo, whereas having to book weeks in advance at Draconian speaks volumes about which one is the better establishment.

Plus, a sign in any shop saying "No hookers or streetwalkers allowed" doesn't exactly scream "class".[/quote']

That's how i feel about it in a nutshell, although i would like to say that although Richard is a surley prick (Jimmy's not much better) there is nothing wrong with his tattoo work.

Though due to his attitude i would never set foot in there again.

I don't think I'll ever get a tattoo but I would say that if you're going to have artwork on your body for the rest of your life then a quality tat is more important than a nice chat while you're having it done?! Ideally you'd have both but.....

In my case i think the artwork of both Richards and Draconian are great, but Draconian wins hands down for having friendly staff and better advice. Even Styxx's mum is ace :)

In my case i think the artwork of both Richards and Draconian are great' date=' but Draconian wins hands down for having friendly staff and better advice. Even Styxx's mum is ace :)[/quote']

LOL yeah when i got my 1st tattoo his mum was there making us all tea..Aye none of yer milky crap either pure proper brewed tea....

My mate got one done at Richards too, after a week or so he noticed there was a big white bit in his tattoo that the tattoist had missed out. He went back in to ask Richard (or Jim) to finish it properly and was told that he must have scratched it causing the scab to fall off and the white bit to appear, and he'd have to pay the full price of the tattoo again to get the 1/2cm bit filled in. Despite being assured that it was never scratched or irritated, he refused to do anything about it.

My mate got one done at Richards too' date=' after a week or so he noticed there was a big white bit in his tattoo that the tattoist had missed out. He went back in to ask Richard (or Jim) to finish it properly and was told that he must have scratched it causing the scab to fall off and the white bit to appear, and he'd have to pay the full price of the tattoo again to get the 1/2cm bit filled in. Despite being assured that it was never scratched or irritated, he refused to do anything about it.[/quote']

Reminds me of my holiday in Turkey when I was 18. I got a henna tattoo of my then girlfriend's name tattooed on my chest to show her (for a laugh mind) when I got home. Apparently you're not meant to wash them for an hour or 2 after. I went in the sea not long after and funnily enough it got all blurry, went back to complain and had to pay the full whack of a fiver or so again. Got home, got dumped (apparently I was meant to call her "at least once" when I was away and she'd had time to think etc) and my tattoo faded away sadly like our love.

I'm OK now though. :up:

My mate got one done at Richards too' date=' after a week or so he noticed there was a big white bit in his tattoo that the tattoist had missed out. He went back in to ask Richard (or Jim) to finish it properly and was told that he must have scratched it causing the scab to fall off and the white bit to appear, and he'd have to pay the full price of the tattoo again to get the 1/2cm bit filled in. Despite being assured that it was never scratched or irritated, he refused to do anything about it.[/quote']

Thats pretty shite, most places offer free 'touch-ups'. :down:

I'd have to say that i'm very happy with the phoenix that i had done at Richards, its uniform in colour (i.e its not patchy) the edges are shaped well. There's no blurring or 'bleed'. And he didn't have a problem with me taking in something i'd done myself as a design. He was blunt with me and told me that if i moved my arm too much he would stop.

My problem was with the second design i wanted done (lyrics in an Italic style of writing). I went in with it written and printed in text. I showed it to Jimmy, who looked at my arm and said "There's no way that's going on there" thrust it back in my hand and walked away. That pissed me off, as i'd scaled it so that it would, pretty much eliminating any other work that they would've had to do.

I lived round the corner from Draconian at the time so i went in on my way home, spoke to the guy who was behind the desk who thought i was crazy when i told him what Jimmy had said, looked at the design and my arm and told me he'd have to re-size it a wee bit but it would be no problem. I made my appointment, went back and was tattooed by Kev (who came in especially on the day his wife gave birth to keep the appointment) and was actually made to feel like my business was appreciated. The result was clear and well done with no 'bleed' and i'm also very happy with it.

I would most definately go back to Draconian, whereas i would never set foot in Richards again. Its the attitude i had a problem with, not their work.

I don't think I'll ever get a tattoo but I would say that if you're going to have artwork on your body for the rest of your life then a quality tat is more important than a nice chat while you're having it done?! Ideally you'd have both but.....

well yes of course, i wouldn't go to someone i didn't trust to do a good job. my point is manners dont cost a thing and he needs to remember the people who go there are lining his pocket at the end of the day. if you're going for a tattoo you want someone who will make you feel comfortable, and he most certainly doesn't.

Reminds me of my holiday in Turkey when I was 18. I got a henna tattoo of my then girlfriend's name tattooed on my chest to show her (for a laugh mind) when I got home. Apparently you're not meant to wash them for an hour or 2 after. I went in the sea not long after and funnily enough it got all blurry' date=' went back to complain and had to pay the full whack of a fiver or so again. Got home, got dumped (apparently I was meant to call her "at least once" when I was away and she'd had time to think etc) and my tattoo faded away sadly like our love.

I'm OK now though. :up:[/quote']

I cry for you. But seriously that's a funny story and to be with a girl that dumps you for not phoning her on holiday is pretty lame. Still...i cry for you. :up:

Well i have had tats done by richard, jimmy, kev,ash in town and i would say jimmy and ash are the best two,

Richard is very rough but does a good job

Jimmy i think is the best, always friendly to me and helped me with designs and is good at what he does

Ash was a friendly guy, was quick and pretty good

Kev (drac) did two stars on my chest and already the lines a fading as they are to thin, really friendly but i am not a fan of the end result