aberdeen-music

2006/2007 season thread

Guest Jake Wifebeater

• Replies 947
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everytime i've seen you guys play i've not been impressed. Hey, it's only my opinion at the end of the day. And I didn't say you were the most negative team in the league, I said 'one of'.

I think you bring out the worst in us and drag us down to your level every time we play (although the weather spoiled a lot of the play on saturday).

Caley outplayed Rangers twice this season and have beaten them twice, drawn against Celtic once, the other time against Celtic outplaying them for the first half before they sneaked a goal which led to a 3-0 defeat.

I don't think its Caley bringing your performances down, I think it could be the other way round. I've been at 3 or 4 Dons games this season v. Falkirk, Motherwell, and Dunfermline, and every time Aberdeen have been terrible. Against Falkirk, god only knows how you got a win cause they deserved to thump you. Against Dunfermline and Motherwell neither away team attacked at all, meaning you had plenty of chances to get a goal.

At least Caley attack (mostly counter attack i know), and give you boys a game (ugly game at that!). I don't see how Caley can make your performances worse, unless we are playing better. I'm quite offended by the "down to your level" comment o_O What is our level? cause the past two seasons we have been goal difference and a point below your "level" at the split...

I'm not wanting to drag this into a "who's better" arguement. But i refuse to accept that Aberdeen play vastly superior attacking football to Caley, and its all Caley's fault why you were rubbish last saturday.

Caley outplayed Rangers twice this season and have beaten them twice, drawn against Celtic once, the other time against Celtic outplaying them for the first half before they sneaked a goal which led to a 3-0 defeat.

I don't think its Caley bringing your performances down, I think it could be the other way round. I've been at 3 or 4 Dons games this season v. Falkirk, Motherwell, and Dunfermline, and every time Aberdeen have been terrible. Against Falkirk, god only knows how you got a win cause they deserved to thump you. Against Dunfermline and Motherwell neither away team attacked at all, meaning you had plenty of chances to get a goal.

At least Caley attack (mostly counter attack i know), and give you boys a game (ugly game at that!). I don't see how Caley can make your performances worse, unless we are playing better. I'm quite offended by the "down to your level" comment o_O What is our level? cause the past two seasons we have been goal difference and a point below your "level" at the split...

I'm not wanting to drag this into a "who's better" arguement. But i refuse to accept that Aberdeen play vastly superior attacking football to Caley, and its all Caley's fault why you were rubbish last saturday.

I'm just bitter because we've blown any chance of second spot in the league with our 'performances' (if you can call them that) in the last 6 games :)

just watched it, couldnt believe how unbelievably shite newcastle were - hanson was right about winning nothing with kids unless your man u. i do feel sorry for the amount of injuries newcastle have but thats no excuse birmingham wanted it more and fully deserved the win.

just watched it, couldnt believe how unbelievably shite newcastle were - hanson was right about winning nothing with kids unless your man u. i do feel sorry for the amount of injuries newcastle have but thats no excuse birmingham wanted it more and fully deserved the win.

Only saw the first half. My only surprise is that Newcastle managed to score. Dreadful stuff.

Fulham V Leicester sounded a good un.

'Mon the Dons the morn. I'll be watching it in a wee pub in Kreuzberg, Berlin! :up:

milner's goal was the best of the match a real cracker. thing is newcastle looked quite decent in the 15 mins after half time before they scored and just when they found a way back into the match, a minute later taylor brought down DJ Campbell, got sent off, birmingham scored from the resulting free kick and it was game, set and match.

Aye i'm pretty chuffed about getting a 6 figure fee (not been divulged the exact figure, but at least 100k), for someone who was coming to the end of his contract, and has almost as many weaknesses as Langfield.

Mike Fraser will surprise a lot of people, brilliant keeper.

We just need some experienced back up and we are sorted.