aberdeen-music

latest lemon tree brochure

Stripey

could you expand on that? maybe say why the rest is total rubbish? otherwise we're just going to end up with another really shit thread where you make a blanket statement about something without explaining why you think that, and then everyone gets annoyed and fires insults at each other, and frankly I'd be as well close it now if that's the case.

It just really annoys me that a subsidised venue like that has such a narrow range of acts booked.

Surely just about every genre you could think of is covered! Add Theatre and Comedy. It's not all to my liking but I think such sweeping critiscm is unjustified. I do agree with the dislike of tribute bands but it's always said that they are a necessary evil.

Do you come away with this crap just to piss people off?

Just because it doesnt fit into your narrow view of whats good.....get out more' date=' see the other side of the coin.[/quote']

Yes there's always something decent on. I saw the brilliant Nickle Creek the other week and might be heading in to see Bonnie Prince Billy on Monday. There's a decent mix of styles and acts.

The only act in it worth seeing is Kool Keith. The rest is total rubbish.
It just really annoys me that a subsidised venue like that has such a narrow range of acts booked.

If I had a pound for every whinging post you made...

I think about everybody on these boards knows your opinion on things before you even post them and in all sincerity, its starting to grate. If you wish to change the things that are discussed on these boards theres about a dozen better ways to do it than your ranting and attempts to discredit the status quo.

If I had a pound for every whinging post you made...

I think about everybody on these boards knows your opinion on things before you even post them and in all sincerity' date=' its starting to grate. If you wish to change the things that are discussed on these boards theres about a dozen better ways to do it than your ranting and attempts to discredit the status quo.[/quote']

Status quo? Interesting choice of words.

Status quo? Interesting choice of words.

Yea, chosen for two reasons.

I - The way things are, apparently everything you hate.

II - A guitar based rock group, who I KNOW you also hate.

Seriously, if you want to try and broaden peoples minds, and perhaps get some serious musical discussions tilted towards your end of the spectrum don't go about it by calling everything else shite.

Maybe that's how Neil can actually get some profit off this site, if Stripey pays just £1 for every broad, sweeping, generalisation that he makes about live music and the creativity of the people who have the balls to go up there and do it, Neil could be a millionaire in a week.

Maybe that's how Neil can actually get some profit off this site' date=' if Stripey pays just 1 for every broad, sweeping, generalisation that he makes about live music and the creativity of the people who have the balls to go up there and do it, Neil could be a millionaire in a week.[/quote']

Yeah but he'd probably forget to send him an invoice and so never collect the money...

Oh look, it's yet *another* post complaining about The Lemon Tree. How original.

For fucks sake. When are people going to realise that they aren't obligated to share every complaint they have about a venue/band/event on this board?

What exactly did you hope to achieve by starting this thread?

I've been trying to resist the temptation to reply to this post - as many of you have pointed it out it seems Stripey is just deliberately stirring things up.

However I don't want to give the impression that The Lemon Tree's oblivious to the feedback on these forums either, but to just single out one act from almost 100 featured (or more if you include lunchtimes), covering most musical genres, doesn't give us a lot to go on in terms of improving things.

Maybe we could see if Kool Keith will do a residency for us, once a week? every night? We'll get the Kool Keith tribute, Kool Kev I think he's called, on the other nights.

Seriously though, glad that some of you are thinking the current programme is pretty decent, and if there are acts you want to see here that you think are currently being overlooked, and that are viable for 550 capacity venue, let us know and we'll pass it on to the music programmer.

I've been trying to resist the temptation to reply to this post - as many of you have pointed it out it seems Stripey is just deliberately stirring things up.

However I don't want to give the impression that The Lemon Tree's oblivious to the feedback on these forums either' date=' but to just single out one act from almost 100 featured (or more if you include lunchtimes), covering most musical genres, doesn't give us a lot to go on in terms of improving things.

Maybe we could see if Kool Keith will do a residency for us, once a week? every night? We'll get the Kool Keith tribute, Kool Kev I think he's called, on the other nights.

Seriously though, glad that some of you are thinking the current programme is pretty decent, and if there are acts you want to see here that you think are currently being overlooked, and that are viable for 550 capacity venue, let us know and we'll pass it on to the music programmer.[/quote']

a return of godspeed you black emperor would be nice when they're back in action. or get silver mt zion up here. :)