aberdeen-music

Opium, Bridge Street is open

Guest Hon Jonda

because downstairs used ot be a subternaen cave wit two arches that hold roughly 120 people and have stages. the trendy bits were upstairs

Have there ever actually been gigs in there ? My brother managed the place many years ago and wanted to put on gigs but there was something in the lease wouldnt let them, cant remember but it was a big stumbling block, course that was about 10 years ago so it might be fine now and from the sounbds of what you're saying there might have already been gigs in there.

Cheers

Stuart

There has definitely been gigs in that building within living memory. The Needles played their first ever gig there when it was the internet cafe ten years (TEN YEARS! Christ...) ago.

That's interesting, my brother managed it when it was the internet cafe, Netropolis and there was problems then, I wonder if it was actually meant to be used, or if they just got bored and did it anyway ;) Seemed a silly thing, and I know it was one of the problems Netropolis had when they started out because that was one of the reasosn they took that place then there were problems using it, maybe they solved them after he left, thinking about it, I assume they must have as there were rumours of CPL looking at it werent there - cant see CPL wanting somewhere they couldnt play.

Cheers

Stuart