Top Posters In This Topic

count chocula x5 bowls.

chocolate croissants x5

root beer x3

chocolate chip pancakes

crepes with lemon juice and sugar

a few bowls of lucky charms..

brownies

and a piece of white toast with jif crunchy peanut butter, full fat, none of this light cack...

we're talking, like, last meal in prison, right??? otherwise i'd follow up with a stomach pumping.. worth it.

No one else love a good old fashioned Bristish Isles breakfast?

I do. There are a few stipulations, though:

The bacon must be cremated.

The sausages must have evidence of being fried in nothing but 100% pure vegetable oil.

Preferably there will be a choice on how your eggs are prepared. (one scrambled, one fried!) The fried one must taste of aluminium on the bottom.

There must be a tattie scone.

Hash browns are essential. And they must be crispy, yet strangely moist on the outside.

If mushrooms are on offer they must look more brown than white, and be swimming in grease.

There must be a "beef" tomato. None of your regular sized offerings.

Must be served with toast accomponied with Flora spread or Lockerbie butter "miniatures". A selection of juices must also be on offer. Tea or coffee should also be offered.

Anyone who's stayed at the legendary McLay's Guest House in Glasgow (and got out of their scratcher in time for breakfast) will know what I'm talking about........

I've never missed a full bifter breakfast at a hotel / inn / guest house before!

You don't need to eat for ages after eating one of those!

ahhh... in that case it's probably be crunchy nut with banana slices and a glass of apple juice... i don't really do 'making' breakfast.. just kind of, 'pouring' it..

if i was feeling really enthusiastic, pancakes...

and as for struggling to get through it... well, you're probably right, but in my fantasy i have the capacity to eat it twice!

First off' date=' a hot buttered croissant, with fresh OJ.

Then Bran Flakes with banana on top, with cranberry juice.

Then either, a bagel with Dairylea, or brown toast with crunchy peanut butter and marmalade.

Coffee and grapes.[/quote']

My fantasy breakfast wouldn't need to involve food or drink - merely the presence of Elwood:love:

love from christy

Guest DustyDeviada
No one else love a good old fashioned Bristish Isles breakfast?

Yep' date=' as long as it's accompanied by Ruby grapefruit juice which hasn't been quaffed by R2-D2 over there. ;)

While in the states I love to eat Froot Loops which must be incredibly unhealthy (especially as I'm diabetic), but you don't get them over here. Boo.

[img']http://jan.ucc.nau.edu/~jlp92/Images/FrootLoops.jpg

Hmmm...

Big glass of fresh orange juice or tropicana tropical with a bowl of crunchy nut cornflakes.

Then a cooked breakfast of:

2 fried eggs, grilled bacon, baked beans, a heap of fried mushrooms, hash browns or waffles.

With a side of a big pile of buttered toast!

Finish off with more toast with Jam and a coffee.

Mmmmm...

Cue being unable to move...

It's very rare I actually cook all that for breakfast though.

And wow I used to love Fruit Loops with a passion. Apple jacks too, they were tasty.

i choose 3, cause i like variety

1.a potato waffle with 3 rashers of back bacon done so it's just going crispy on the edges then cover the lot in beans served with fresh orange and freshly brewed coffee

2. a full breakfast with 2 rashers of back bacon done so it's just going crispy on the edges, 3 butchers quality pork sausages, mushrooms, 2 tattie scones, 2 fried eggs(obviously complete with runny yolk), black pudding, beans, 1 slice of white toast and 1 slice of wholemeal, orange juice and freshly brewed coffee. Complete with an independent on sunday or the observer and take my own sweet time over it.

3. French toast, bacon and lots of maple syrup. mmmmm.

Crisp bacon' date=' scrambled eggs, french toast, Pain Au Chocolat and Croissants with lots of good quality coffee and proper maple syrup.

I do also enjoy a full fried breakfast (with potato scones), they're always better from slighty dirty looking 'greasy spoon' type cafes.[/quote']

we went to a really good one in edinburgh near the murryfield bar if i recall correctly. cheap and tasty!

we went to a really good one in edinburgh near the murryfield bar if i recall correctly. cheap and tasty!

Those kind of cafes are becoming all to scarce unfortunately, there used to be a great on at the Castlegate but last time I was in it had become a trendy Bistro type place. I think there's still the one across from the old Bingo hall beside down the road from the Lemon Tree, complete with 'dumb waiter' and everything.

count chocula x5 bowls.

chocolate croissants x5

root beer x3

chocolate chip pancakes

crepes with lemon juice and sugar

a few bowls of lucky charms..

brownies

and a piece of white toast with jif crunchy peanut butter' date=' full fat, none of this light cack...

we're talking, like, last meal in prison, right??? otherwise i'd follow up with a stomach pumping.. worth it.[/quote']

Would the tube reach up to the ceiling or would we have to scrape you off first.