aberdeen-music

JUKEBOX

Flash@TMB

I tried Argus out for a week but it's an old album and certainly the version I have hasn't been remastered. This means it's go more dynamics' date=' but less compression and therefore comes through at half the mean volume of pretty much everything else on the jukebox. This rather spoils it.

Hawkwind may make a comeback, but that would exceed the current prog quota at present, especially given plans to add Pallas and Marillion.[/quote']

So what Pallas stuff do you have on the JB?

There's a new jukebox coming soon with space for 1440 albums in full CD Audio quality (not MP3, never MP3 over my dead body), with a digital uplink to the rest of our sound system. Unfortunately the browser will be software this time as opposed to mechanical, as nobody wants to sit write 1500 inlays... Pete was already having kittens.

There's not going to be a download facility because A) it's CD based, and B) we like to maintain some control over the content. Also C) the whole download thing is a fuckin rip off.

I believe this will be the 4th incarnation of The Moorings Bar jukebox. The existing unit dates back to 1989... although everything apart from the outer case has been replaced at least once!

Here it is in 1995:

1050johnny_the_jukbox_in_94-med.jpg

And here is one of it's illustrious predecessors:

1050oldbar.jpg

Thats how I remember the old place.....

I could try and get some more recent Pallas stuff for you if you think the punters will listen to it...

G...

Yes please do. We don't care whether they listen to it or not. In fact the more something gets played the sooner it comes off because it gets annoying LMAO.

But it must be in CD format, and must be the original CD not a copy. If you'd like to purchase a Pallas CD for the bar then we'll refund the cost of it to you (other people reading this thread please note that this is NOT an open offer).

Yes please do. We don't care whether they listen to it or not. In fact the more something gets played the sooner it comes off because it gets annoying LMAO.

But it must be in CD format' date=' and must be the original CD not a copy. If you'd like to purchase a Pallas CD for the bar then we'll refund the cost of it to you (other people reading this thread please note that this is NOT an open offer).[/quote']

I'll see if I can magic a couple of cd's up for you.....

I'll get them on the pretext that its promotion for the gig at Moshulu on March 17th, and you can reward me by plying me with interesting alcoholic beverages...everyones a winner.

There was an ex-Pallas member hanging out in the bar 2 years ago. Think it might have been this guy. He had short dark hair and a tache' date=' local accent. Kept talking about 'the break up.'[/quote']

You would know if it were Dek, after a few beers he procedes to tell anyone who'll listen how he was robbed by the band and how they owe him £40,000 and how he's going to sue them etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc............

G...

Guest Laura@TMB
I was torn between it being those two. Bugger. Im such a failure. Im gonna go interfere with myself.

It's a dirty job, but someone's got to do it eh :p

Anyway, I *smug git* knew which one Niall was - there's a BIG clue in the photo (in that his signature/autograph is right next to his left leg, lol), and oh, I had a chat with him in a supermarket a couple of weeks ago - which in fact led me to remember that this photo was lurking somewhere on my computer.

Seeing as the jukebox is being replaced by a much larger one, theres going to be plenty room for prog isn't there? Muwhahaha

Gong - You - is an awesome album, and isn't as insane as you might think. Must have!

King Crimson - Red - First prog metal sound EVER - also must have!

I think you should have a Status Quo album too, just because you can.