aberdeen-music

April 9th @ Tunnels: One of the best metalhardcore shows this city has seen!

There weren't as many people there as I thought there would be, enjoyed all the band though, although was disappointed cos I missed Betzefer due to my mate feeling way ill.

Were Betzefer good? all the other bands were great, even Weeping Jesus were pretty good once they picked up a bit.

Aberdeen metal scene is fucking shit.

Yep dude it does but no offence no one really wants to pay 8 quid for some unkown band signed to roadrunner who in all honesty are pretty gash.

I haven't seen one poster or flyer for this gig either, maybe due to some unforeseen reason but thats my two cents.

Stick to your punks gigs man o_O

Yep dude it does but no offence no one really wants to pay 8 quid for some unkown band signed to roadrunner who in all honesty are pretty gash.

I haven't seen one poster or flyer for this gig either' date=' maybe due to some unforeseen reason but thats my two cents.

Stick to your punks gigs man o_O[/quote']

Not sure about that man, if you are into the sort of stuff that roadrunner put out then I'm sure you would have heard of them a whiler ago and 8 quid for a band on a major label like that, and another tour meeting up with them (Altogether 6 bands) doesn't sound bad to me. I bet most people spend double that on drink when they are at a gig anyway.

Admitadly there could have been more flyers around though I have been hearing about this since late last year so its not like there was no promotion.

Any one who is oiintrested in gigs and trys to find out what is going on whould have known about this and the fact that there was about 25 people that paid in goes to show how shit the metal crowd in aberdeen are. You see enough metal heads in Moshulu on a friday night but I suppose they would rather go to a club and hear the same old CD's played than go to a gig and hear something new played live, puzzles the fuck outa me o_O

last night's attendance at the Tunnel's is why we don't see more metal acts up here.....

poor does not begin to describe it......i remember some choice bands coming to Caesar's (back in the day!!!) and there being no floor space to smack your had on when you dived off a cab.......if you were there, you know what i mean.......again, very, very poor......

The turnout was terrible. A lot of local gigs are better attended (for only 3 or 4 less).

The support bands were well chosen- screamy hardcore stuff, Death Metal, Entombedish metal, Fear Factoryish metal etc etc.

Where the fuck were you? (if you like metal)

Koroded rock.

• Upvote 1

Calum im ashamed at your response, 8 for 6 bands is pretty cheap i would have thought especially since 1 was from israel, 2 from Germany, 1 from Leeds, 1 from Edinburgh and the local Aberdeen band.

If me and my mate Niall heard about it in Elgin there is no excuse for anybody in Aberdeen not knowing about it.

I know the gig wasn't your thing Calum but to tell Kirkt to stick to punk gigs is abit harsh.

Anyway i thought the gig was great Kirkt, was a real shame about the poor attendance and it was alittle embarressing during Weeping Jesus when you realised that the majority of people there were the bands.

• Upvote 1