GraemeC

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

all pubs should have a wee marquee that would solve all probs

That would work for city centre pubs of courseo_O

I can just see the marquee on union street outside the Grill.....:up:

I think I'll start a campaign to stop smoking on the street.....it was horrible leaving the tunnels last night, running the gauntlet of all the sad addicts...:down:

running the gauntlet of all the sad addicts...:down:

Best game show idea ever! Paranoid anti-smokers desperately trying to scramble past the 'lung-cancer inducing effects' of breathing in second-hand smoke for 10 seconds as they walk past smokers outside...presented by Jeremy Clarkson as he chain-smokes.

Somebody phone Celador!

Best game show idea ever! Paranoid anti-smokers desperately trying to scramble past the 'lung-cancer inducing effects' of breathing in second-hand smoke for 10 seconds as they walk past smokers outside...presented by Jeremy Clarkson as he chain-smokes.

Somebody phone Celador!

Or how about we have a game where smokers (reduced lung capacity) put their head in a 2 gallon bucket of my piss, the winner is the one who holds their breath longest or drowns trying....:up:

Its not the health issue that bothers me..... I think most non smokers dont care for the awful stench of fags

Or how about we have a game where smokers (reduced lung capacity) put their head in a 2 gallon bucket of my piss' date=' the winner is the one who holds their breath longest or drowns trying....:up: [/quote']

That doesn't sound that fun to watch, just gross and a bit dangerous.

Its not the health issue that bothers me..... I think most non smokers dont care for the awful stench of fags

So now we're making unpleasant smells illegal?

I realise that faggy smells aren't everyone's cup of tea, but if I want to kill myself thats my choice. I am now relegated to outside ( I'm nae pissed about it - I ken ma place!) so that the cold kills me off faster and even when I'm inside the pubs smell of wee and fat beer swilling blokes instead of pubs - Yet still thats not enough for GraemeC. Why do you not find the smoking ban / comprimise enough? You sound like a little bairn throwing a tantrum in his pram for not getting a sweetie at the tills in the supermarket - Grow up! They'll never ban smoking - the government can't afford to!

I for one am disappointed' date=' as I now have to go outdoors to enjoy my fine cigars.

On the flipside, it is probably better for other people's health.[/quote']

There's an old Polish proverb that says "Only the centipede can hear all the hundred footsteps of his Uncle."

I realise that faggy smells aren't everyone's cup of tea' date=' but if I want to kill myself thats my choice. I am now relegated to outside ( I'm nae pissed about it - I ken ma place!) so that the cold kills me off faster and even when I'm inside the pubs smell of wee and fat beer swilling blokes instead of pubs - Yet still thats not enough for GraemeC. Why do you not find the smoking ban / comprimise enough? You sound like a little bairn throwing a tantrum in his pram for not getting a sweetie at the tills in the supermarket - Grow up! They'll never ban smoking - the government can't afford to![/quote']

If you choose to regard my sharing my opinion as "throwing a tantrum" then thats fine, but it would appear that you are the one name calling and getting all upset, but we are looking at this from opposite sides of the fence....and it is you thats the addict...8)

I think I'll start a campaign to stop smoking on the street.....it was horrible leaving the tunnels last night' date=' running the gauntlet of all the sad addicts...:down:[/quote']

oh sweet jesus cunting christ! SHUT THE FUCK UP!! you don't like it...we get it. we're outside you're inside. if you dont like smoking in the street just stay inside all day and moan about it on internet forums. pretty much what you already do

If you choose to regard my sharing my opinion as "throwing a tantrum" then thats fine' date=' but it would appear that [b']you are the one name calling and getting all upset, but we are looking at this from opposite sides of the fence....and it is you thats the addict...8)

and are you not addicted to beer just give it a rest you got the smokers out now your opinions on it are wearing a bit thin i could say live and let live but you would say to the smokers live and let die:swearing:

oh sweet jesus cunting christ! SHUT THE FUCK UP!! you don't like it...we get it. we're outside you're inside. if you dont like smoking in the street just stay inside all day and moan about it on internet forums. pretty much what you already do

calm down...calm down....

Whats wrong ... nicotine levels low are they?

I think I'll start a campaign to stop smoking on the street.....it was horrible leaving the tunnels last night' date=' running the gauntlet of all the sad addicts...:down:[/quote']

Honestly G, you now have a smoke free pub, and you still moan about a few seconds of very minor inconvenience. :nono:

Well, I'm happy the pubs are smoke free. I don't exactly go out often, but I'm trying to quit so it's quite good to not go out and light up all the time.

Anyway, running a car and smoking don't go together at all. I just had to pay £120 for two new front tyres and to get my tracking fixed, £150 towards insurance and I have a meagre £100 for petrol/food/phone credit etc. Fuck spending £5 on 20 fags when I could get another 50 miles or so out of the car!

However, it's taking the piss to complain about smokers being outside the door. That's pretty rough, the actual pub is smoke free and that's what's important, right? Out in the open it's not like you're going to get cancer from walking past people who are smoking.

im not really wanting to get into this arguement full blown but i can see G's point

like it can be a gauntlet getting past them. theres soooo many smokers outside places now. but when theres as much as there is its kinda hard to keep a slight distance away from them, or even say excuse me, so end up barging past then getting harrased for not saying it. even tho generally i have they just dont listen :swearing: but thats not my beef

but yeah it is a slight annoyance too. but im happy being able to breath inside places now.

if i could choose that, or having a clear way outside but not being able to breath at all. id choose the dozens outside.