aberdeen-music

Smoke free pubs

GraemeC

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly' date=' to drink - not to smoke.[/quote']

im not trying to be a dick. its hard to give an opinion that is against everyone else without looking like a dick.

im just saying that you know that when you go to a pub there will be smokers there smoking. but you still go. so you cant complain abot somthing you do through own choise, see? we are not draging you into the pub.

sorry if you people think im a dick its just my view

and i am looking forward to the smoking ban, i think it will make it more plesent to go out

:)

they decided to ban it so its now banned

how will you feel when THEY decide limits on alchohol...where you travel to....and what you wear..then will you see why we moan

A restriction on drinking wouldnt effect me much' date=' I only drink occasionaly and in moderation, and I would never drink enough to be a danger to anyone else....which is the point of the smoking ban.

I think I'm not alone in saying I wouldnt give my vote to a political party who's manifesto contained the promise to restrict my ability to travel freely or what I wear.

So whoever [b']THEY are had better come up with better policies than that.

im not trying to be a dick. its hard to give an opinion that is against everyone else without looking like a dick.

im just saying that you know that when you go to a pub there will be smokers there smoking. but you still go. so you cant complain abot somthing you do through own choise' date=' see? we are not draging you into the pub.

sorry if you people think im a dick its just my view

and i am looking forward to the smoking ban, i think it will make it more plesent to go out

:)[/quote']

You arnt getting this are you? You have just highlighted the whole point of the argument, second hand smoke is very unpleasant for non-smokers, it hurts my eyes my throat it stinks up my clothing and puts my health at risk, as a non-smoker why should I have to make the decision whether or not to put up with that? Smokers dont have to worry about it, by smoking they have allready chosen to fuck their health, stain their teeth and fingers, smell bad, fuck their throat and sting their eyes, but the shoe is on the other foot now and the fag addicts dont like it.

You arnt getting this are you? You have just highlighted the whole point of the argument' date=' second hand smoke is very unpleasant for non-smokers, it hurts my eyes my throat it stinks up my clothing and puts my health at risk, as a non-smoker why should I have to make the decision whether or not to put up with that? Smokers dont have to worry about it, by smoking they have allready chosen to fuck their health, stain their teeth and fingers, smell bad, fuck their throat and sting their eyes, but the shoe is on the other foot now and the fag addicts dont like it.[/quote']

look mate i get your view, its just you DONT HAVE TO GO TO ANY PUBS BECAUSE " it hurts my eyes my throat it stinks up my clothing and puts my health at risk" if its so terrible then why go? you have a choise not to go, so why go? i know i know "i shouldent have to make a choise bla bla bla bla bla bla bla" but you do (but not for long), its just the world. if you insist on still going to these places that are so bad please refrain from freaking out over somthing you know will happen.

Guest bluesxman
please refrain from freaking out over somthing you know will happen.

This is kinda our point to you ma man. The coin will be flipped - if you have a problem going to pubs and not smoking feel free to stay home.

look mate i get your view' date=' its just you DONT HAVE TO GO TO ANY PUBS BECAUSE " it hurts my eyes my throat it stinks up my clothing and puts my health at risk" if its so terrible then why go? you have a choise not to go, so why go? i know i know "i shouldent have to make a choise bla bla bla bla bla bla bla" but you do (but not for long), its just the world. if you insist on still going to these places that are so bad please refrain from freaking out over somthing you know will happen.[/quote']

I give in....you are so blinded by smoke you just cant see why its so unfair that a non-smoker should have to make that choice....or are you just stupid?

people need to worry about the smoke that comes out the back of there cars (thus worrying about future problems) instead of worrying about themselfs...

Non Smokers in this thread are making tits of thereselfs IMO as all they say is "what about my health what about my health" but i bet they dont give a damn about there health when they eating kebabs..drinking 10 pints a nights....or having unprotected sex......but as soon as theres a bloody bandwagon the Fools jump on...........

if passive smoking is the ONLY damning thing in your life at the moment then im afraid your life sux Big time

people need to worry about the smoke that comes out the back of there cars (thus worrying about future problems) instead of worrying about themselfs...

Non Smokers in this thread are making tits of thereselfs IMO as all they say is "what about my health what about my health" but i bet they dont give a damn about there health when they eating kebabs..drinking 10 pints a nights....or having unprotected sex......but as soon as theres a bloody bandwagon the Fools jump on...........

if passive smoking is the ONLY damning thing in your life at the moment then im afraid your life sux Big time

Yes but all the above is relevent to smokers also....o_O

i dont drive i never have and i have no interest in learning untill we have a source of running our vehicles without killing our planet...... but heeeey fuck our planet lets sort out all this passive smoking first as with the ammount of irrate posts in here from NON smokers you would think this BAN was the best the government has ever done...

and as long as we have so many yippidy do yeahs towards the government making silly bans the longer real issues will be ignored...

(silly bans being)

ok it had to be done sooner or later but in the hiest of all the real issues atm a stupid smoking ban is nothing IMO

i dont drive i never have and i have no interest in learning untill we have a source of running our vehicles without killing our planet...... but heeeey fuck our planet lets sort out all this passive smoking first as with the ammount of irrate posts in here from NON smokers you would think this BAN was the best the government has ever done...

and as long as we have so many yippidy do yeahs towards the government making silly bans the longer real issues will be ignored...

(silly bans being)

ok it had to be done sooner or later but in the hiest of all the real issues atm a stupid smoking ban is nothing IMO

I'll tell you what....I promise never to take my car into the pub....fair enough?

(silly bans being)

all of your points are valid, but all reside in the same origins of the problems faced with trying to change how we humans live our everyday lives.

the big hoo haa is that pubs have always been smokie environments, and the smokers talk about "their freedoms" etc...

now, apply that argument to telling people not to use cars.

sure, that'll be an easy ride. we all know it makes sense, less cars - less polution, less worry on oil dependancies....but, people "need cars" to get from a to b (because that's what we are "used to"...

think back before cars were widespread, how did people live? ("locally", I'd imagine).

ANY thing that a human has done in the name of progress, is undoubtedly bad for this earth, and now these habits are ingrained into society, there will always be an uproar in trying to revert back to "greener" ways of living...

thing is, the smoking ban is an easy thing to implement, and it is a start to getting people to live a "better" life...as I don't think there are any smokers that will tell you that fags are good for their health, just for their sanity (!)

there was a huge upset when "seatbelt laws" were introduced, now 99% of the populace thinks is stupid NOT to wear a seat belt (front or back)..

so, give the smoking ban a few years, and the future generation will think the same about "what ? you used to drink beer in a box filled with smoke for fun ? are you fucking stupid ?"...

(I hope)

smoker

I have been a smoker for 25 years and thoroughly agree with the ban,YES it will be a pain in the ass, but it's only right that non smokers do not have to put up with such a smelly offensive noxious addiction.

BUT they should ban that stinky shop on Union street,the sweet sickly perfumy smell of soap or candles really makes me want to puke,FAR MORE than a smelly cigar or pipe.

Giving up smoking is EASY,I have done it 20 times.

I have been a smoker for 25 years and thoroughly agree with the ban' date='YES it will be a pain in the ass, but it's only right that non smokers do not have to put up with such a smelly offensive noxious addiction.

BUT they should ban that stinky shop on Union street,the sweet sickly prefumy smell of soap or candles really makes me want to puke,FAR MORE than a smelly cigar or pipe.

Giving up smoking is EASY,I have done it 20 times.[/quote']

I'm guessing that would be LUSH. It fucking reeks.