aberdeen-music

Smoke free pubs

GraemeC

YESSSS!!!! For Christ's Sake! Does no one know how to READ nowadays. FFS!

i read your post - you are harping on about lung cancer, i was just saying it's going ot damage your lungs and is probably going to increase your chances of getting lung cancer by making your lungs weaker... althoguh studies may have shown cancer isn't linked directly to smoking i bet it can be indirectly linked....

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i read your post - you are harping on about lung cancer' date=' i was just saying it's going ot damage your lungs and is probably going to increase your chances of getting lung cancer by making your lungs weaker... althoguh studies may have shown cancer isn't linked directly to smoking i bet it can be indirectly linked....[/quote']

No, lung cancer isn't linked to PASSIVE smoking. How the hell could it be indirectly linked? That doesn't make sense. Your lungs would only become WEAKER through the onset of disease, not the otherway round.

No' date=' lung cancer isn't linked to PASSIVE smoking. How the hell could it be indirectly linked? That doesn't make sense. Your lungs would only become WEAKER through the onset of disease, not the otherway round.[/quote']

can I just ask, are you studying passive smoking, and the effects on lungs and lung cancers ?

I've missed the start of this "arguement" (sorry), and I was just wanting to know where you get your "correct" information from, and the government get their "propoganda" (dis-information) about passive smoking ?

'scuse the interjection, I just thought it'd be easier to clear this stramash up.

can I just ask' date=' are you studying passive smoking, and the effects on lungs and lung cancers ?

I've missed the start of this "arguement" (sorry), and I was just wanting to know where you get your "correct" information from, and the government get their "propoganda" (dis-information) about passive smoking ?

'scuse the interjection, I just thought it'd be easier to clear this stramash up.[/quote']

Try reading the thread in its entirety.

No, I'm not studying passive smoking. Although, I have researched smoking related illnesses and read many books and studies on Passive Smoking.

Try reading the thread in its entirety.

No' date=' I'm not studying passive smoking. Although, I have researched smoking related illnesses and read many books and studies on Passive Smoking.[/quote']

that last sentence was good enough for me.

and, it's hard to filter through (10?) pages to "join in a discussion"...I just wanted a summary of how you know what you know so far, and you did that. thanks.

I suggest you read my posts more carefully. I am FOR the ban and I know that passive smoking causes other illnesses.

The point is that the government is using a study to prove the links between Passive Smoking and Lung Cancer which is flawed and implausible. It is Propaganda. If they'd used more credible facts' date=' like the ones you've made, things would be different.

And yes, the majority of studies have concluded that passive smoking DOES NOT cause Lung Cancer attributable to smoking.[/quote']

But surely for anyone to say that just because they haven't proven a link between lung cancer and passive smoking means that there isn't one?

I'd rather not take the gamble.

I'm not saying you said that, I'm just pondering.

But surely for anyone to say that just because they haven't proven a link between lung cancer and passive smoking means that there isn't one?

I'd rather not take the gamble.

I'm not saying you said that' date=' I'm just pondering.[/color']

Yes, that is a good point. There's no proven link, but one may be discovered.

I'm sure when there is a link discovered, the government will use this to their own ends and say "Told you so!"

By the way, how long have you been playing cello for?

Guest bluesxman

Hmmm, inhale tar and other substances into your lungs, canna be good. Other people breathe in the same substances to a far lesser degree, surely still canna be good. Is it me or is this not exactly rocket science?

Hmmm' date=' inhale tar and other substances into your lungs, canna be good. Other people breathe in the same substances to a far lesser degree, surely still canna be good. Is it me or is this not exactly rocket science?[/quote']

I think the point is, that lungs can take a "certain amount of punishment", heal themselves etc.

it's all about levels of tollerance...

I for one though, am with the "I don't want to find out the hard way"

and avoid smokie pubs....but not for long ! wooo hooo !

oh BO HOOOOO! "omg why the fuck should i have to choose what club i go into" i will give you a clue COZ OF THE CANCER THATS GONNA KILL US ALL ANYWAY.

the bans here, its quire but just fucking deal with it! im so feed up with this "i should have the right to smoke" but "i should have the right to breath clean air"

Im a smoker, trying to quit (wish me luck). im not to happy with the ban but its here. it will be better than worse, but im just selfish.

PLEASE STOP THIS!!!!!!!

AND PLEASE STOP MOANING! YOU GOT YOUR FUCKING BANNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU GOT YOUR FUCKING BANNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why do smokers keep saying this???

This ban was introduced by our democraticly elected government not by me...

Ok so I approve but I didnt instigate or vote for or demand this ban...

Im glad its come, and I believe the non-smokers are the majority, so stop crying and live with it.....

Im glad its come' date=' and I believe the non-smokers are the majority, so stop crying and live with it.....[/quote']

then why the fuck are you bitching about smokers. if you dident care STOP TRYING TO MAKE US OUT TO BE THE SOUL MOTHERFUCKER THATS GONNA KILL YOU.

people have choices, everything is made up of choices, i choose to stop smoking, when i smoke i choose to go outside or away from my non smoking company, my girlfriend chooses not to go to drummonds for a drink cos its to smoky, i choose to go to triple kirks with her were its less smoky. i choose to buy a pint, even though i am damaging my liver i choose to drink that pint. after that pint i choose to leave the company of my ladie friend and have a nice damaging smoke out side, whilst my ladie friend choose to stay inside.

i know i know "why should we not be able to go to drummonds and breath healthy air"

al i can say to that is.....................?(

blah blah blah' date=' blah, blah blah blah.....

i choose to buy a pint, even though i am damaging my liver i choose to drink that pint. after that pint i choose to leave the company of my ladie friend ...blah blah blah...

al i can say to that is.....................?([/quote']

I'd be quiet if I were you, you are making smokers look like morons.

tell me, the pint YOU drink, do you force the bar staff to drink it too?

ps, who's the we ladie? jimmy crankie?

a wonderful picture in my mind of a half lady, half laddie...

hoots mon! it's just plain wrong!

Im glad its come' date=' and I believe the non-smokers are the majority, so stop crying and live with it.....[/quote']

they decided to ban it so its now banned

how will you feel when THEY decide limits on alchohol...where you travel to....and what you wear..then will you see why we moan

how will you feel when THEY decide limits on alchohol...

they already have, just none of the bar staff have the confidence or back up to actually stop serving people "that have had too much already".

if we did have bar staff that felt they wouldn't get fired by the boss for not making them money, OR be attacked by an angry pisshead, perhaps we'd have less of a lager lout country to worry about.

and as for the rest of your statement, would travel be impaired by a government , because it's bad for your health?

the closing statements were pretty poor if you want to fight an argument in favour of keeping smoking...it comes across as rambling paranoia, not logical argument.

but dont all you non smokers think we are all selfish, murdering morons anyway? so what dose it mater what i say?

i AM in favour of this ban for fuck sake.

i am just saying that nobody is forcing you to go at any bars or clubs, you do through own choise. you have all seen the advert on TV about the bald woman. if you people care as much as you say you do, i guess i wont see you in any pubs till the 26th aye?

I'd be quiet if I were you' date=' you are making smokers look like morons.

tell me, the pint YOU drink, do you force the bar staff to drink it too?

ps, who's the we ladie? jimmy crankie?

a wonderful picture in my mind of a half lady, half laddie...

hoots mon! it's just plain wrong![/quote']

what? you gonna take away my right to free speach on the net cos you dont like what i have to say? o_O