aberdeen-music

FAO any who likes Reasons Are Red...

KevinTGF

Hello

For those who attended - and for those who did not - our gig in Drummonds on Tuesday 24th Jan you might have heard Niall mumble something down the microphone at the very end of our set. Alot of people said they had no idea what he said so this was it...

"This is the last time you'll ever see Reasons Are Red play... as we are now called Fiction Action"

We've decided a name change was in order as reasons are red did not really sell the band, making us sound more like a metal school band than a dischordant-style band. That and Reasons Are Red is a shite name, so we're now 'Fiction/Action'.

cheers

Kevin

Fiction/Action

next gig - lunchtime gig at the lemon tree, Thurs 2nd Feb.

is the whole 'punctuation' thing the new 'the' in cool band names or something??? I think you guys are about the third band i know to have changed to something like this recently o_O

I'm sorry but 'fiction/action' isn't good, i agree that 'reasons are red' wasn't a great name either, for starters it was really close to 'Roses Are Red' which is poop too.

:down:

is the whole 'punctuation' thing the new 'the' in cool band names or something??? I think you guys are about the third band i know to have changed to something like this recently o_O

I'm sorry but 'fiction/action' isn't good' date=' i agree that 'reasons are red' wasn't a great name either, for starters it was really close to 'Roses Are Red' which is poop too.

:down:[/quote']

Yeah, why not choose something like: FromHerAshes or Genevieve? o_O

:D

I was wondering the same thing too, I don't like it at all...it's like when all those bands started doing the "lostprophets" thing just because it was the "in" thing to have a name like that.

Genevieve is a terrific name though, it sums up the band *perfectly* from what I've heard.

The one thing...if bands have to use the slash, can't they use a backwards slash instead?

I was wondering the same thing too' date=' I don't like it at all...it's like when all those bands started doing the "lostprophets" thing just because it was the "in" thing to have a name like that.

Genevieve is a terrific name though, it sums up the band *perfectly* from what I've heard.

The one thing...if bands have to use the slash, can't they use a backwards slash instead?[/quote']

You don't like bands using punctuation, but would be happy if they used "a backwards slash instead?" ?!

Do you resent forward slashes? Or do backward slashes turn you on?

I was wondering the same thing too' date=' I don't like it at all...it's like when all those bands started doing the "lostprophets" thing just because it was the "in" thing to have a name like that.

Genevieve is a terrific name though, it sums up the band *perfectly* from what I've heard. [/quote']

Why?

The one thing...if bands have to use the slash' date=' can't they use a backwards slash instead?[/quote']

o_O

Considering someone on here has publicly came out and spoke about their experiences of having a close relative with cerebal palsy and held a successful gig for SCOPE' date=' of which I'm sure you are aware, that's a fucking disgusting thing to say as an insult.[/quote']

How do you know I meant it as an insult?

Considering someone on here has publicly came out and spoke about their experiences of having a close relative with cerebal palsy and held a successful gig for SCOPE' date=' of which I'm sure you are aware, that's a fucking disgusting thing to say as an insult.[/quote']

that's a disgusting guilt trip you're using there. i'm sure not everyone who uses this board follows the lives and goings on of all other users as closely as you cloud. if you are going to protest about the use of the term spastic then you could probably choose a better method.

incidentally i don't agree with using the term spastic as an insult either. i also don't agree with discriminating against forward slashes for that matter.

i like the name fiction/action. it's better than reasons are red which was more akin to a school band.