aberdeen-music

My Name Is Earl

Tony Marlin

Good stuff' date=' I can't remember ever seeing anything bad with Jason Lee in it.

Though I'm sure somebody on here will be happy to point something out.[/quote']

According to imdb, he was in Jersey Girl. I've not seen it, but it sounded bollocks. He was also in Vanilla Sky, which was a bit balls.

I enjoyed My Name is Earl, right up to the point where Channel 4 broke and I missed the last 5 minutes.

According to imdb' date=' he was in Jersey Girl. I've not seen it, but it sounded bollocks. He was also in Vanilla Sky, which was a bit balls.

I enjoyed My Name is Earl, right up to the point where Channel 4 broke and I missed the last 5 minutes.[/quote']

Jersey Girl is a great movie, sure its got more in common with Chasing Amy than Dogma but it is a well written, funny, chick flick type movie. I really enjoyed it, saw it at the cinema, bought the DVD, love it :) Great soundtrack too.

Cheers

Stuart

Guest DustyDeviada
According to imdb' date=' he was in Jersey Girl. I've not seen it, but it sounded bollocks. He was also in Vanilla Sky, which was a bit balls.

[/quote']

Fair doos, although the point is that even though Vanilla Sky was a bit crap, Jason Lee was pretty good in it if memory serves.

According to imdb' date=' he was in Jersey Girl. I've not seen it, but it sounded bollocks. [/quote']

Ignore Jester - Jersey girl is AWFUL. Seriously, you'll vomit all over your screen at the "cute" little girl for starters. Yes, it similar to Chasing Amy in the its NOWHERE NEAR AS GOOD AS ANY OTHER KEVIN SMITH FILM!

Seriously, get the Smith stand-up/uni tour DVD, which is fucking hilarious.....

I liked "My Name Is Earl". It feels like it should be a film though....

Ignore Jester - Jersey girl is AWFUL. Seriously' date=' you'll vomit all over your screen at the "cute" little girl for starters. Yes, it similar to Chasing Amy in the its NOWHERE NEAR AS GOOD AS ANY OTHER KEVIN SMITH FILM!

Seriously, get the Smith stand-up/uni tour DVD, which is fucking hilarious.....

I liked "My Name Is Earl". It feels like it should be a film though....[/quote']

It's an attempt to be a more commercial film, it's not necessarily a bad thing. I know a lot of people who dont like other Kevin Smith films but love Jersey Girl. I actually found it an improvement from the patchy Jay and Silent Bob Strikes Back, if for no other reason than George Carlin.

JFTR I am a huge Kevin Smith fan and Dogma's one of my all time favourite movies, I havent seen the stand up tour yet, but have the US version of all the films and the Clerks cartoon on DVD. I also must bet Jay and Silent Bob do Degrassi.

Cheers

Stuart

I thought it was pretty funny' date=' slightly cheesy like but it reminded me of an extended - but funnier - date flick, with all the perfect colours and good camera work. Nice to see the main guy from Kids acting another spoon.[/quote']

Whilst we're on the subject, you know Casper from Kids (Justin Pierce)? He committed suicide 5 years ago aged 25. Makes the movie a little too real when you watch it now.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0682399/

Mike

Guest DustyDeviada
Whilst we're on the subject' date=' you know Casper from Kids (Justin Pierce)? He committed suicide 5 years ago aged 25. Makes the movie a little too real when you watch it now.

[url']http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0682399/

Mike

Can't remember which one Casper was, but if the thread is lurching into Larry Clark territory then I must say that I found Bully to be far superior to Kids. And Ken Park wasn't that great either.

Guest bluesxman
Can't remember which one Casper was' date=' but if the thread is lurching into Larry Clark territory then I must say that I found Bully to be far superior to Kids. And Ken Park wasn't that great either.[/quote']

Another Day In Paradise = Larry Clarke's best film, closely followed by Bully. Fantastic performance from James Woods as usual.