Lemonade

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

U2 - whining, one-note wonders

Oasis - whining no-note wonders

The Darkness - utter pish

Franz Fedinand/Green Day/Coldplay etc - they're all the same, with their middle-class, weedy, student arty-farty bollox, dour tinkly-bonk riffs and nasal vocals.

Ps - Don't diss "The Led" - diverse, progressive innovators. Their canon of work has stood the test of time. You don't have to like them, but you do NEED to respect them.

U2 & Oasis have been churning out the same dirges for years, The Darkness are a metal version of the Black Abbotts - they are PRODUCT.

The rest you can poke firmly up your excrement-caked hole.

Love & Peace

DZL

Ps - I feel better after that, thanks.

Guest five years

pretty much anything that gets played in "indie" clubs at the moment, because it all sounds the same: including

magic numbers

arctic monkeys

libertines

babyshambles

etc etc

how anyone can claim something like franz ferdinand or the kaiser cheifs are doing anything interesting/original i don't know.

do have to say a large amount of my choices come from hearing them so much, but that kinda goes hand in hand with the over-rated...in that they're talentless pop-noncery and still get played ad nauseum. being a dj at exodus for example must be the most heartbreaking/souldestroying job ever, playing pretty much the same tunes (apart from the nights there is a theme: 70's) in the same order every night!

magic numbers

arctic monkeys

libertines

babyshambles

I'm with you on this one. I despise all these toneless, hookless, tuneless, noncy student-wank indie bands. Pretentious claptrap "played" by narcissitic junky tosspots, expecting us to listen and relate to pishy lyrics about their user girlfriends spilling caramel mahciatos over their favourite copies of Proust or not being able to score, because Banker daddy has cut them off.

I would personally like to "kick f*ck" out of whoever commissioned this type of mince to be recorded.

Love and Peace

DZL - "sitting on the fence as always"

Guest pop-notmyface
magic numbers

arctic monkeys

libertines

babyshambles

I'm with you on this one. I despise all these toneless' date=' hookless, tuneless, noncy student-wank indie bands. Pretentious claptrap "played" by narcissitic junky tosspots, expecting us to listen and relate to pishy lyrics about their user girlfriends spilling caramel mahciatos over their favourite copies of Proust or not being able to score, because Banker daddy has cut them off.

I would personally like to "kick f*ck" out of whoever commissioned this type of mince to be recorded.

Love and Peace

DZL - "sitting on the fence as always"[/quote']

uh-oh someone doesn't like the new indie....

but really, the magic numbers are lovely.

magic numbers

arctic monkeys

libertines

babyshambles

I'm with you on this one. I despise all these toneless' date=' hookless, tuneless, noncy student-wank indie bands. Pretentious claptrap "played" by narcissitic junky tosspots, expecting us to listen and relate to pishy lyrics about their user girlfriends spilling caramel mahciatos over their favourite copies of Proust or not being able to score, because Banker daddy has cut them off.

Love and Peace

DZL - "sitting on the fence as always"[/quote']

How can a band be toneless? Surely they have a tone whether you like it or not. I also don't think you can lump the Magic Numbers in with those other bands because they are quite different and shit in a totally different way.

How can a band be toneless? Surely they have a tone whether you like it or not. I also don't think you can lump the Magic Numbers in with those other bands because they are quite different and shit in a totally different way.

i agree with the differentiating Magic Numbers from the others. But agree they're all pish really.

U2 - whining' date=' one-note wonders

Oasis - whining no-note wonders

The Darkness - utter pish

Franz Fedinand/Green Day/Coldplay etc - they're all the same, with their middle-class, weedy, student arty-farty bollox, dour tinkly-bonk riffs and nasal vocals.

Ps - Don't diss "The Led" - diverse, progressive innovators. Their canon of work has stood the test of time. You don't have to like them, but you do NEED to respect them.

U2 & Oasis have been churning out the same dirges for years, The Darkness are a metal version of the Black Abbotts - they are PRODUCT.

The rest you can poke firmly up your excrement-caked hole.

Love & Peace

DZL

Ps - I feel better after that, thanks.[/quote']

This could be the best post that I've read in a long while... I'm reading away at Mr. "DZL" slaggin U2, Oasis then lumping Franz Ferdinand, Green Day and Coldplay together as "middle-class, weedy, student arty-farty bollox, dour tinkly-bonk riffs and nasal vocals".

Who does this boy like?

The Darkness!?!?! Product!!

Genius! I hope he wasn't being serious but it made me laugh.

I totally agree about Radiohead' date=' i like OK Computer onwards but i think the Bends is actually just utter shit. Bland angst-rock. I don't think that many people really rate Killers and Kaisers all that highly.

Out of the big guns from the past i think the Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin and Jimi Hendrix are utter crap. Especially Hendrix, what a bore...have i said all this already?...no i haven't. Good. I also don't see how anyone could rate Soundgarden. And RATM are really friggin overrated, decent but really overrated, too repetitive and limited.[/quote']

Hendrix revolutionized guitar playing. TOTALLY. He was like a prophet. I'm not a massive fan of his music, although he does have some great tunes, so i could understand why you might think he's boring. However, think of being a part of his audience way back in that era, and his revolutionary style of guitar playing would hypnotise the audience. . . You have to appreciate what he did for guitar, like him or not.

Hendrix revolutionized guitar playing. TOTALLY. He was like a prophet. I'm not a massive fan of his music' date=' although he does have some great tunes, so i could understand why you might think he's boring. However, think of being a part of his audience way back in that era, and his revolutionary style of guitar playing would hypnotise the audience. . . You have to appreciate what he did for guitar, like him or not.[/quote']

I don't have to appreciate him at all I'm afraid. I wouldn't be part of an audience that would go to a gig to be hypnotized by a guitar.

Jimmi Hendrix / Led Zepplin / Metallica / Nirvana - all of these get a special mention from me, but the winner is *drum roll* ................................... The Foo Fighters = most mediocre pish ever, but they are hailed as legends and the saviors of modern rock. eh? I mean they have a couple of good songs, but the rest is just so damn mediocre it hurts! :down:

Andy xx

Guest Jake Wifebeater
Who are doing a split with Spike Pile Driver soon:up:

No, it's with Jan Ag, Jan Frederickx's solo project.

Baldy, while you're there, I'll be getting the Diabolic Emo Destroyer stuff anyday now.

I don't have to appreciate him at all I'm afraid. I wouldn't be part of an audience that would go to a gig to be hypnotized by a guitar.

No you don't HAVE to appreciate him. But it doesn't even have to take a fan of guitar orientated music for someone to see what he did for his genre. I used to be massively into guitar based music, and it was back then i thought Hendrix was even over rated. Listening to it keeping an open mind about how the people of the time would have heard it, lets you hear it in a different light though.

Surely the likes of Tangerine Dream and Kraftwerk wouldn't get labelled overrated nowadays as they are dated and its all been done now? They did for their genre what Hendrix did for his, pretty much. Atleast thats the way it seems to me at this point in time.

Only too often do people assume that because they don't like it, it means nothing to the evolution of music.

No you don't HAVE to appreciate him. But it doesn't even have to take a fan of guitar orientated music for someone to see what he did for his genre. I used to be massively into guitar based music' date=' and it was back then i thought Hendrix was even over rated. Listening to it keeping an open mind about how the people of the time would have heard it, lets you hear it in a different light though.

Surely the likes of Tangerine Dream and Kraftwerk wouldn't get labelled overrated nowadays as they are dated and its all been done now? They did for their genre what Hendrix did for his, pretty much. Atleast thats the way it seems to me at this point in time.

Only too often do people assume that because they don't like it, it means nothing to the evolution of music.[/quote']

I'm totally with you on that last point. I don't enjoy Nevermind the Bollocks by the Sex Pistols but they are still probably the most important band in terms of the effect they had on the music which came after them and which felt the reverberations of the cultural impact they made. But i hate Hendrix totally in that i hate listening to his music. I got the impression you were giving him credit purely in a muso sense in that he was such a gifted guitarist.