aberdeen-music
Sign in to follow this  
Scootray

George Best

Despite his path of self-destruction, I have to respect George Best, he certainly lived it (though they probably shouldn't have given him that transplant). His greatest quote?

"I spent all my money on booze and women, the rest I wasted."

What's yellow and runs on a 13amp plug?

George Best.

A true rock n roll sportsman,partying like a bastard even after the transplant

Guest DustyDeviada

Or a stupid arsehole who was given a rare second chance that many in the same position would kill for, but still managed to piss it away, depending on your point of view.

Oh yeah?

I already made a thread about George best' date=' if you cared to look just a little further down the page, thanks.

:D[/quote']

Where?........................................

George Best the legend is dead

Don't like football, but thought he was great in the 1970s,a bit shambolic but funny to watch,shame he died of alcoholism,but he probably had more good times in a typical week than most of us do in a year.

New Chums For George

If he died and went to heaven I bet his first stop would be to speak to Jesus about this water into wine malarkey.

Guest bluesxman

Maybe the papers will find something else to write about now rather than an alcoholic who wasted a liver transplant.

I used to know him, he regularly dropped in for a drink when I was the manager of Henry J Beans on the kings road in Chelsea.

this was prior to his transplant, he used to drop in and scoof a large glass of chardonnay in about 3 minutes, but he was always friendly and knew most of us by name. I did hear the classic line from him once 'If my wife asks, you havent seen me today...right?'

One thing I did think was out of order though was when hed given up the booze and came in for the afternoon with alex and some other guy, He stuck to Earl grey tea and Alex (his wife) tanned a bottle and a half of Pinot Grigio..........

Plus the paparazzi got him on the way out and he was on the front page of the Sun the next day leaving our bar with a headline of 'Bestie back on the Booze' or something similiar, when he genuinely hadn't had anything to drink at all.

One thing I did think was out of order though was when hed given up the booze and came in for the afternoon with alex and some other guy' date=' He stuck to Earl grey tea and Alex (his wife) tanned a bottle and a half of Pinot Grigio..........

Plus the paparazzi got him on the way out and he was on the front page of the Sun the next day leaving our bar with a headline of 'Bestie back on the Booze' or something similiar, when he genuinely hadn't had anything to drink at all.[/quote']

Now that's a bit fucked up!