aberdeen-music

Babyshambles at moshulu

The Lizard King

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why was there no club night tonight? There was a fair amount of disgrunteled freshers when we arrived at the closed doors (contrary to the freshers guide). Also some bam in the pizza shop told us that "The bar staff were beaten black and blue"... what the fuck...

Town was full of wannabe pete doherty junkies tonight, please never have them back in the 'deen.

from what i gather he did an encore on an acoustic guitar sitting on the bins outside the rear fire escape to moshulu (at the front of liquid) to about 50 or 60 fans, then got in a punch up with a guy with a camera, as much as i dislike the guy it must of been a sight to see.

It was weird leaving work and being hassled to know if this guy was still in the building etc, not the kind of thing you have to deal with at your usual moshulu gig. Lots of clingers on (mostly in the form of burberry clad neds unfortunatly) not keen on leaving the building just in case they got the chance to meet him or whatever.

I have to admit i was almost in shock when they finally took the stage, i honestly didnt think he'd show up, especially with the busy week he's had.

As much as dragonforce was an awesome night for many reasons, the general feel from the punters and buzz in the air tonight was just blinding, ok it could of been better (ie less arrogant arseholes at the bar) but there was just something insane about the atmosphere tonight.

well i thought it was a great night, pete was definitely sober (ish) and really wanted to play for the fans, they must have been on for about an hour and a half which makes the 22 worth it, he wore my scarf during most of the gig. The 2nd encore was brilliant, most people had left n they came on and played great songs, 4 libertines ones. I never saw any violence at all, everyone was in a great mood but im sure there was some violence, we left quite quickly afterwards to go to exodus

Why was there no club night tonight? There was a fair amount of disgrunteled freshers when we arrived at the closed doors (contrary to the freshers guide). Also some bam in the pizza shop told us that "The bar staff were beaten black and blue"... what the fuck...

Town was full of wannabe pete doherty junkies tonight' date=' please never have them back in the 'deen.[/quote']

We allowed the gig to over run because it was going so well. The building wasn't cleared til about 11.45 there was no way we could clear up and re-open before 1 because of moving the PA etc so we figured it wasn't worth opening for an hour at 1 o'clock.

We allowed the gig to over run because it was going so well. The building wasn't cleared til about 11.45 there was no way we could clear up and re-open before 1 because of moving the PA etc so we figured it wasn't worth opening for an hour at 1 o'clock.

I think we'll ALL have to remember this in future when we're all thrown out the doors at 10 next time one of our favourite bands comes to moshulu :swearing::nono:

I think we'll ALL have to remember this in future when we're all thrown out the doors at 10 next time one of our favourite bands comes to moshulu :swearing::nono:

you should be fucking happy that moshulu are getting big gigs and sell-outs, it can only help them attract bigger bands in the future, you probably weren't even waiting to get into moshulu last nite, plus the bar was very busy so bet they made more money than they wouldve normally anyway. I thought moshulu handled the gig very well

Awesome gig last night. One of the best i have been to. The encore was great. I heard there was a second one but i left before it!

Doherty never fails to make a news story:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/article/ds24622.html

stupid girl, cant believe you missed the 2nd encore, they came on and pete asked if we knew any libertines songs b4 ripping into dont look back and what a waster then said 'were fucking babyshambles' and played the song babyshambles, then began to sing the paddingtons 50 to a , never sang much of it tho, amazing, best part of the night

i know technically it is a band and not him but its essentially his songs from the babyshambles name he recorded under with a few musicians tagged along the way. harsh but kinda true. all the same they were awesome in greenock. didnt seem to be as good as he was in aberdeen though according to reports......wish coulda went to both *grr*

Guest F.A._FEEDER

that twat

He's just a junkie twat.

Songs are ok but i've Seen and heard it all before.

why the fuckin fuss? just cause he's on the news at 10 and going out with (or maybe not going out with) kate moss, another fuckin twat.

I was at the gig, and I thought it was immense. I suppose half the fun, certainly in the days leading up to the gig, was to whether or not the boy was gonna actually turn up. The boy obviously needs to sort himsel oot, he's a state, but I don't think anyone who was there could deny that something cool happened on Thurs night. High energy gig, great tunes, and it's quite funny thinking that almost half the audience left after the first encore and then missed the likes of 'Don't Look Back Into The Sun' and 'What A Waster'. There's been a ridiculous amount of hype afforded to The Libertines and Pete Doherty over the last few years. They simply don't have the strength in depth of songs to back this up, although there's been some undeniably classic tunes coming out of that combo. Great singles band. 'What Katie Did', a non-single, was stunning, however. Doherty apologised for the no-show the last time, and I think he was trying to make up for it by playing for over 2 hours, when most of us thought it would be a hundred-mile-an-hour-ramshakle-thirty-minute-set. I think Aberdeen will struggle to see a better gig this year, in my opinion. 'Little By Little' or 'Take Me Out' stadium rock, or 'Kilamangiro' in a sweaty, small venue, there's no contest really. For Thursday night anyway, I take my (bowler?) hat off to Pete Doherty.

He's just a junkie twat.

why the fuckin fuss? just cause he's on the news at 10 and going out with (or maybe not going out with) kate moss' date=' another fuckin twat.[/quote']

fuck off he wasnt going out with kate this time last year and they werent making the headlines that they do now and they sold out the lemontree so thats not why theres a fuss

He's just a junkie twat.

why the fuckin fuss? just cause he's on the news at 10 and going out with (or maybe not going out with) kate moss' date=' another fuckin twat.[/quote']

I have seen and heard people call him a junkie twat before. so why call him a junkie again?

he was a big fuss before he went out with kate and before he was in the news