aberdeen-music

Babyshambles at moshulu

The Lizard King

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So i take it you'v heard the lasted offerings from Pete/Shambles and can justify your quote..

And what do you base this on? From his offerings way back in The Libs or just anything new in general? Unlike who?

unlike bands with vocalists who can sing (and perhaps even a wide range of vocals) and can bring somthing new to whatever genre they happen to have been lumped into

I'd like to know what bands the people on this forum listen to' date=' who take the time out of their day just to write negative comments about Pete Doherty or the public depiction of his drug addiction....

A lot of the arguments against Pete are solely based upon the fact that he is a drug user, unlike ...etc[/quote']

But his fame is solely based upon the fact that he is a drug user. Most people have never even heard any of his music, there hasn't been much of it around to hear yet.

Pretty much all of the names on your list established their reputations and their fame through their art first, before their personal lives came into the picture. Keith Richards et al proved themselves as Rock Stars before they started behaving like Rock Stars. Peter is trying to do it the wrong way round. If Pete is a musical genius, he should be proving it, and using that genius to live the life he wants. Instead he's desperately leeching anything he can get for the least effort - burgling his band-mate, hawking stories about himself to the tabloids for money, even (allegedly) letting his mates sell photos of his girlfriend taking drugs all but ruining her career... Any negative comments he gets are pretty much brought on himself.

But his fame is solely based upon the fact that he is a drug user. Most people have never even heard any of his music' date=' there hasn't been much of it around to hear yet.

Pretty much all of the names on your list established their reputations and their fame through their art first, before their personal lives came into the picture. Keith Richards et al proved themselves as Rock Stars before they started behaving like Rock Stars. Peter is trying to do it the wrong way round. If Pete is a musical genius, he should be proving it, and using that genius to live the life he wants. Instead he's desperately leeching anything he can get for the least effort - burgling his band-mate, hawking stories about himself to the tabloids for money, even (allegedly) letting his mates sell photos of his girlfriend taking drugs all but ruining her career... Any negative comments he gets are pretty much brought on himself.[/quote']

Well when i bought up the bracket, i never knew much about pete or the rest of the band and it never left my cd player, i never thought oh wow this guy takes drugs so lets get buy his cds, what your trying to say is that you know him because of his drug usage and not by his music, he has alot of proper fans and their not into his music because he appears in the daily star

Guest bluesxman
eh surely the act that he is a drug addict is irrelevant. If we all had the saem taste in music life would be dull. You think his music is rubbish' date=' fine...that has nothing to do with hi habit[/quote']

Um, yes that's what I was saying. His current output is shite, drugs or not.....and I don't think people listing Libertines songs is really an argument for his sole talent, there was more than one person contributing to their songs.

Shaking and Withdrawn Megamix (Peter Doherty)

1. My Darling Clementine

2. Back From The Dead

3. Lady Don't Fall Backwards / Bollywood to Battersea

4. The Whole World Is Our Playground

5. Hooray For The 21st Century

6. Curtain Call

7. There Is A Light / 32nd Of December

8. Conversation Diva

9. Never Never

10. East Of Eden

11. My Darling Clementine

12. There She Goes (A. L. H.)

13. Can't Stand Me Now

14. Ha Ha Wall

15. The Ballad Of Grimaldi

16. Stix And Stones

and theres more

Untitled (Peter Doherty)

1. Can't Stand Me Now

2. Pipey Magregor

3. Music When The Lights Go Out

4. The Whole World Is Our Playground

5. Albion

6. Arcady

7. Black Boy Lane

8. Scouser In Space

9. Ballad Of Grimaldi

10. Love Rain O'er Me / The Saga

11. Killamangiro

12. Stix And Stones

13. My Darling Clementine

14. Curtain Call

15. Don't Look Back Into The Sun

16. I Love You (But You're Green)

17. If You Fall

These songs are not illegal and can be downloaded freely..

They have been provided by Pete Doherty and can also be found on the official Babyshambles website.. So download enjoy...

If your still hungry for more after this i'll happily direct you toward more tuneag''

Um' date=' yes that's what I was saying. His current output is shite, drugs or not.....and I don't think people listing Libertines songs is really an argument for his sole talent, there was more than one person contributing to their songs.[/quote']

Actually pete wrote most of the songs for the 2nd album and carl wrote two of them on his own and about 3 of them were done together. From the first album pete wrote time for heroes. I am not sure about the rest of the album. Pete writes the melody's and carl adds a few guitar parts here and there.

them, not him, there a band, everyone speaks about it as just him, feel sorry for the rest, well not patrick walden coz hes a knob

Hemmin, you know what I mean.

Tell that to the people who didn't join in with our 'One Drew McConnell' songs at the start :D

Ahem, Walden co-wrote The Man Who Came To Stay. Great song. Ergo - Walden = not a knob.