aberdeen-music

Books!! ...Again.

PrincessHolly

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the only new thing I've read was Cold Granite by Stuart MacBride. Read it in the space of a day. An excellent crime novel and lots of fun spotting the locations (if the title didn't give it away. it's set in Aberdeen).

Apart from that I've just been re-reading various Carl Hiasson and Christopher Brookmyre books. Also read The Long Way Round by Ewan MacGregor and his mate. Nothing mind blowing but was good to read about how they went about their massive road trip.

Guest neil ex
"The Dharma Bums" has put my life into its next little phase

That book was a pretty inspirational read. It made me want to do things with my life. I'm going to go travelling next summer hopefully.

All The Rage by Paul Magrs.

It's a couple of years old now, and his surname looks like it's missing a vowel or two, but it's a funny and exciting read, especially if you are interested in the dynamics of the music industry (or the industry of the past)

set in 1981, it tells the story of a four piece popband - 2 male, 2 female who are thrust to fame through eurovision (sound familiar?) champagne and orange go so well together.

i loved it, it's great.

I got the Little Friend by Donna Tartt to read on holiday because her other book was killer, but I have only read 100 pages. But so far, it's very good!

Also reading the Last Emperor by .. someone.. which is pretty heavy going but sort of interesting, and rereading my favourite book of all time, Alcatraz from Inside by Jim Quillen.

i'm currently reading 'the world according to clarkson' which is a collection of jeremy clarkson rants from his sunday times columns' date=' most funny!!![/quote']

a friend of mine had that with him on the train yesterday. the column about the swimming pool and the ones about the fox were hilarious.