aberdeen-music

AFC Thread (not for non football lovers)

Mr.Tim

I thought Stewart looked not bad, although he was clearly knackered by the end. Its the same old story though, everyone too shy to have a shot, when you have players like Lovell and mackie more interested in passing when they get the ball in the box you know your not going to have a good day. Stewart, although hes a scrawny little prick, had some great touches, particularly with his head. Mackie's control made me scream, which was particularly funny as I suspect he could hear me. Dempsey is drivel but you have to feel for him when he is subsituted for Rickey Foster. I still have faith in Lovell but I just dont think he is fit, either that or he really can't be bothered. I had fun though.

• Replies 768
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im glad McNaughton has rejected a new contract. a talented player yes but shows it far far less than he should. he has gone backwards for the last 2 seasons in my opinion, still with occasional good 5 minutes spells in every 5th game.

who was the last youth player at aberdeen to even come close to fulfilling their early potential?

would be diamond or considine

diamond hasnt fulfilled his potential. in fact he has followed the trend of all young dons of the last 20 years by bursting on the scene and having a sensational couple of seasons to begin with, then faltering. lets just hope his below par performances this year are just a dip in form and he can get back on track.

too early to tell with considine, but he does look a bright prospect.

Guest Jake Wifebeater

In other news...Dunfermline's season is over' date=' courtesy of a couple of late Airdrie goals. That's a sair 'een.[/quote']

Aye, really? Still got a CIS semi to come later in the month, that's more than you'll get, trust me.

*once we get pumped in that one, I'll be ready with the "fine, we can concentrate on our 'league campaign'" line. After that, I'm fucked.*

It's a funny old game, Saint.

Guest Jake Wifebeater

I apologise for the above post. I was pissed, and pissed off.

I am now not pissed, but I am still highly pissed off. A Celtic fan told me that Celtic give you the best and worst days of your life. Wonder what the best ones are like.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
Apology accepted. I forgot you guys managed to make it to the CIS semi-final. Best of luck with that. :)

I guess I was hurt you forgot. A football-induced bad mood and an eight-pack is not a good combination. I've been hanging onto the semi-final like an article of faith, this season has been dreadful. I think there's half a million in it for us if we get through, if we lose to Lavvy, well, I won't be held responsible for what happens.

F*cking Dundee Utd, i hated them with a vengengance before they tried to nick our manager, but now i just hope they go totally tits up, into administration, and die a horrible death with all their past trophies taken back from them because of an unreported drug scandal where the players have been fed illegal quantities of jute for the past 100 years.

I really am f*cking incredibly pissed off, cant concentrate on uni essay work at all!!

wouldnt worry too much ross. looks like prime candidate to go is butcher from motherwell. appears you guys have denied united chance to speak to brewster :up: good on ya's

EDIT : FECK JUST READ ON BBC WEBSITE THAT BREWSTER WANTS THE UNITED JOB. :(

Yeah, we denied them the chance to speak to him yesterday. But Scumdee Utd will have used their "contacts" to get ahold of Brewster at home or on mobile, and told him what kind of deal they were prepared to offer him. He would've resigned from Caley if we hadn't let him speak to them. We'd rather accept nothing less than £500,000 compensation as we're losing a player and manager (+ Malky our assistant manger), who have 18months to go on their contract.

Racking my brains today to think of who will succeed Special Brew ;(

The likely candidates are Richard Gough, Craig Brown (both applied last season), Gus McPherson, Jocky Scott, Jim Duffy, Pele comback (dear god i hope not), Duncan Shearer (hmm... maybe), Bobby Williamson (i'd prob take him), Kevin MacDonald (Aston Villa reserve coach) if we can nick him before he joins Republic of Ireland, Iain Stewart (Peterhead, former caley legend), John Robbo (dear god, i hope not, work shy c*nt), Neale Cooper, Eric Black,

Here's a couple of others that are floating about NOTE: some of these i'd hate to have as our manager, i'm merely putting up the obvious choices and those that i've heard knocking about in the rumour mill.

David Robertson (he can f*ck right off), Alan Preston (nae sure), Sergie Balatacha (former manager, legend, but again...not sure), Gary McSwegan (can get tae f*ck), Alex Smith (i could see him coming to ICT), Paul Hegarty (nope),

now' date=' i thought you invernesians were all good with pele? that's why we ended up with him innit?[/quote']

At the time we were fine with him because he was doing an all right job in the 1st division where the opposition were weaker. Now we are an established SPL team pushing for a top 6 place, we have higher standards, and expect more professional ambitious managers to be at the helm

Plus, i saw Pele pissed in the bookies, with cuts all over his hands and face, over xmas time back in the Elg, so nothing has changed since he left the Dons. Waster.