aberdeen-music

Moshulu and its inherent aceness

Aceness

i also love moshulu. first day off i've managed to spend utterly guttered in the confines of the establishment in a long time.

highlight of the night was seeing some guy trying to start on a bouncer and fail to the point of being barred, nice try dude ;) oh, that and being skullfucked and trying to mount fellow bassment staff... oops, live this one down? i doubt it!

highlight of the night was seeing some guy trying to start on a bouncer and fail to the point of being barred' date=' nice try dude ;)[/quote']

I've never understood the mentality of starting on a bouncer. Even if you manage to batter them to a pulp (which is pretty unlikely), you're still not going to get in. Especially some of the ones at Moshulu, they're like mountains in bomber jackets.

You're better to leave with your pride and teeth.

I went there every friday (and most saturdays) from back when it reopened as Moshulu (2001?), until December last year, and to be honest I got sick to the fucking back teeth of the place, and I have only been in once this year.

I think it's a good club, but after nigh on 4 years of the same faces, the same songs, the same everything I just couldn't face it anymore. My ex who I broke up with in January goes there most weekends, which was my excuse to stop going :D

I go to Exodus most Fridays now, which suits me better as I prefer the music there too.

Guest bluesxman
It's never as hot as the sauna of human sweat that is exdous.

See i've never found Exodus particularly hot when i've been. Maybe Sunday night was the many beers from Saturday escaping through my pores....

Guest haigyman
Isn't every saturday a metal night? I've never been but i was told it was.

nah it's air guitar, so only cheesey sort of metal really. maybe a spot of metallica/pantera at the end of the night.

it is good' date='

but they need more metal nights, carnage once a month is not enough.[/quote']

Tis true! But unfortunately, with the fact that there's barely over thirty people there ( judging from the last one), there's probably no chance of that wish ever being fulfilled.

Just like requesting Dying Fetus :(

I had a pretty sweet time last night there. I was trying to sneak Jager into my mates pints after they shoved three shots of it in mine and they took a pissy fit and fucked off to Liquid...benders. The great thing about Moshulu is you always meet someone you know...or you don't know, but they know you.

Guest Jake Wifebeater

I went through a phase where I was going there on the piss about twice a week. I tend to go only once or twice a month now, usually Mondays. The music's rubbish but staff and punters alike are as sound as a pound. It's the only place worth bothering with, really. Some obscure noise would be nice.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
My ex who I broke up with in January goes there most weekends' date=' which was my excuse to stop going [/quote']

Good call. Always a good move to avoid an ex.