aberdeen-music

Tape/CD swap club.

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would, but I won't be in Aberdeen as of... em, dunno. In about a month anyway.

I just thought i'd say a few things about the last time though.

It was only tapes allowed, because of the old school feel, but CD's would have been a much better idea. I think either should be accepted.

Also, an idea. (stolen from tape swap 1)

Don't include a track listing with your CD. It allows people to be more open-minded about a song. If it's a track they don't know by a band they are vaugely familiar with, they might not give it a chance. If they don't know which band it is, they will give it a chance. After receiving the CD, you can request a track listing from the creator of the CD (which means put your name on it!).

And guys, make an effort. Decorate your tape/CD and it's box, in a way that gives a reflection of you/your musical taste. The only tape I received was Fadgins, and it was nicely decorated with pictures of Axl Rose style haircuts and so on.

Guest ()Papaspyrou()

Can the author of this thread please amend the first post and put instructions to this Tape Club so we can easily find it. I dont have the time (blatant lies) to scour this whole thread for instructions and details as I'm sure others are too.

I'd be up for it though - sounds like a right Gun!

p.s would it be a good idea to make back up tapes for this thing? I figure it might be since I read so much about tapes being lost and all.

Guest ()Papaspyrou()

Princess Holly

Paulscoconutass

Lester Burnham

Narc

tv tanned

bluesxman

paranoid Android

manuel (pop-not you silly billy)

Bodast

Tony Marlin

Tranzmute

R.Bolax

Jenni.

Connie

pAPASPYROU

I was just thinking...i'm not too keen on using my username so I'll make mine an anagram of someone elses.

Guest tv tanned

so, has it been decreed that this will be CD only?

I wanna do a tape, you can fit 90 minutes of goodness on one of those bad boys.

Can I Holly, huh? Can I?

Ohh wait, I just realised, we make one and they all get passed on to the next person... I thought we made copies for everyone (which would make tapes a pretty stupid and time consuming idea..). Oh well, I would only be able to make the first week so I better withdraw :(

Princess Holly

Paulscoconutass

Lester Burnham

Narc

tv tanned

bluesxman

paranoid Android

manuel (pop-not you silly billy)

Tony Marlin

Tranzmute

R.Bolax

Jenni.

Connie

pAPASPYROU

SlowDazzle

Guest tv tanned
I would' date=' but I won't be in Aberdeen as of... em, dunno. In about a month anyway.

I just thought i'd say a few things about the last time though.

It was only tapes allowed, because of the old school feel, but CD's would have been a much better idea. I think either should be accepted.

Also, an idea. (stolen from tape swap 1)

Don't include a track listing with your CD. It allows people to be more open-minded about a song. If it's a track they don't know by a band they are vaugely familiar with, they might not give it a chance. If they don't know which band it is, they will give it a chance. After receiving the CD, you can request a track listing from the creator of the CD (which means put your name on it!).

And guys, make an effort. Decorate your tape/CD and it's box, in a way that gives a reflection of you/your musical taste. The only tape I received was Fadgins, and it was nicely decorated with pictures of Axl Rose style haircuts and so on.[/quote']

If I put a CD into my PC, though, the tracklisting automatically comes up

Guest bluesxman
Agreed. :up:

I would also suggest that people try and vary the style of music they put on it.

I know if I got a tape all the same I'd be a bit dissapointed.

No problems here, mine will be EXTREMELY varied.... :up: