aberdeen-music

Tape/CD swap club.

Could you not arrange a drop-off place? I dunno how practical that would be to arrange, but like a pub or something?

I'm sure one of the 'scene' pubs would oblige, all it would take is a small box to store the CD's or tapes in. That way people not able to make a meeting could pick their next mix up whenever was convenient.

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

teh drop off thing does have its benefits. If what happens last time happened again and people jsut forget about it, it would be less of a problem. If someoen doesn't pick up a cd, then it will still be there for the next person next week. Rather a cd being posted to someone who will ignore it and not post it on.

I like the 'mix-party' idea where you end up getting any tape....they're all piled up, and you grab one. That way you don't have a clue what you're getting, plus when you make the tape up you don't have a particular person in mind.

But it does mean everyone being together at the same time (or folks who can't attend could get someone who can to take 2 tapes, and come back with 2 different ones).

i think thats a rubbish idea... so you'd have to go into the pub and shamefully ask for a cd with your username...?

It'd be even more stupid if you went in and asked for a tape using a user name. Anyway. surely if you're going to listen to everyone elses CD's you could make a retro-cool tape of your favourite songs on it... A CD rack in somewhere like the moorings would be perfect ;)

I like the 'mix-party' idea where you end up getting any tape....they're all piled up' date=' and you grab one. That way you don't have a clue what you're getting, plus when you make the tape up you don't have a particular person in mind.

But it does mean everyone being together at the same time (or folks who can't attend could get someone who can to take 2 tapes, and come back with 2 different ones).[/quote']

i like that idea

Guest tv tanned

until you get the same tape three weeks in a row!

Can we just have a variety of formats Holly? I cannot do a CD, and besides I can fit 90 minutes of aural goodness on a tape.

Those who do not have tape facilities can easily get a cassette player for about five quid at a car boot sale.

For those who were wondering' date=' I'll start a new thread with the full list of people involved. All the rules will be clarified then, if anyone has any suggestions, let me know and they'll be considered.

It appears people are making tapes, fair enough, make either a tape or a CD but just be aware not everyone has a tape player. Fools.

Any questions meantime, give me a shout.[/quote']

For goodness sakes, don't you people read posts.

FAO EVERYONE:

If you want to make a tape, that's fine. Just bear in mind not everyone will be able to hear it.

Once the list is complete, it's up to you how you arrange passing on/receiving cd/tapes. If you want to do that by post that's ok, if you want to arrange a drop off/pick up point too, that's also fine.

Any more questions?

Guest ()Papaspyrou()

Why would anyone even consider using a tape?"! They're

1/ shit

2/ more expensive

3/ harder to compile

4/ less people have the facilities these days

5/ they aren't retro, alright!

6/ give me a CD!

7/ later!

Guest ()Papaspyrou()

RULE 4) Once the final list is posted' date=' please make arrangements with the person below you as to how you would like to pass on your CD/tape.[/quote']

I think we should all stick to this rule wholeheartedly because as soon as some tithead starts wading in with his tinsel-ridden CD, thats when we get problems!!

Might I also suggest that there is a backup of everyone's tape/CD at the moorings in the event of the original getting lost.

Guest bluesxman

I'll do tape or CD I don't care. But I've started a tape. Damn.

I don't go to a lot of the gigs shown on here at all, shit i'm so un-scene.

I'll arrange to meet whoever i've been given/one off meeting/post, but i'm not coming into town all the time to see if someone has dropped off something in a pub.

Guest tv tanned
For goodness sakes' date=' don't you people read posts.

FAO EVERYONE:

If you want to make a tape, that's fine. Just bear in mind not everyone will be able to hear it.

Once the list is complete, it's up to you how you arrange passing on/receiving cd/tapes. If you want to do that by post that's ok, if you want to arrange a drop off/pick up point too, that's also fine.

Any more questions?[/quote']

settle doon, i did read the post and there was an explicit RULE ONE: CDs only, at the time of reading.

when is this shebang kicking off?

PrincessHolly

Paulscoconutass

Lester Burnham

Narc

tv tanned

bluesxman

manuel (pop-not you silly billy)

Tony Marlin

Tranzmute

R.Bolax

Jenni.

Connie

pAPASPYROU

SlowDazzle

huntedbyafreak

jsmith (ollie)

karmatsunami

WishboneG

Nastylittlemidget

Camie

jimr

=ShaunF=

Alan Cynic

-matthEw-

Skittles

allstardawn

Zippy

April Ethereal

I'll just nip in at the last possible minute. Seems like a fun idea. I remember the tape swapping myself and Narc had at school fondly. Those were the days.

Here's the final list guys:

PrincessHolly

Paulscoconutass

Lester Burnham

Narc

tv tanned

bluesxman

manuel (pop-not you silly billy)

Tony Marlin

Tranzmute

R.Bolax

Jenni.

Connie

pAPASPYROU

SlowDazzle

huntedbyafreak

jsmith (ollie)

karmatsunami

WishboneG

Nastylittlemidget

Camie

jimr

=ShaunF=

Alan Cynic

-matthEw-

Skittles

allstardawn

Zippy

April Ethereal

Stephen

lepeep

In order to get the ball rolling I would like everyone to pm me by 9pm tomorrow/ today THURSDAY with a shortlist of people from the above list who they seen enough to exchange tapes.

Anyone who doesn't pm me will just be added in where convenient.

The list I will publish Thursday night will be final (I don't have the time or the patience for people who want moved around, and I think that will just lead to cd's/tapes being lost.)

It is then up to you to pm and make arrangements with the person BELOW you.

Once again the rules are:

RULE 1) CD's are preferable, if you wish to make a tape that's ok but bear in mind not everyone will be able to listen to it.

RULE 2) Decorate as you wish with your username.

RULE 3) No tracklistings please.

RULE 4) Once the final list is posted, please make arrangements with the person below you as to how you would like to pass on your CD/tape.

Once again, any questions, give me a shout.