aberdeen-music

Tape/CD swap club.

Right here goes. Final list people. Thank you to everyone who got back to me as requested, those who didn't have just been added at the bottom. Please contact the person below you with regards to passing on your CD. There are a couple of extras added in but they are people Jimr and I work with and therefore nobody needs to notify me of their knowledge of said people.

I am NOT going to rearrange the list. If you have a problem with the person you are above, please sort it out yourself. You can let me know and I will edit the list but I am not rearranging simply because somebody didn't get back to me in time.

THE LIST:

Paulscoconutass

Spencer

Princess Holly

Uzi

Jimr

Zippy

()pAPASPYROU()

Narc

jsmith

Jenni.

Connie

CliveRavensby

=ShaunF=

-matthEw-

Alan Cynic

Wishbone G

R. Borlax

Camie

Stephen

allstardawn

tv tanned

Lester Burnham

lepeep

AprilEthereal

nastylittlemidget

KarmaTsunami

Skittles

Bluesxman

pop-notmyface

Tony Marlin

tranzmute

SlowDazzle

huntedbyafreak

If at this stage you wish to be removed from the list, please let myself, as well as the person above and below you know. I will then remove you from the list.

ONCE AGAIN THE RULES ARE:

RULE 1) CD's are preferable, if you wish to make a tape that's ok but bear in mind not everyone will be able to listen to it.

RULE 2) Decorate as you wish with your username.

RULE 3) No tracklistings please. If you wish to know the tracklisting, please contact the person who's CD/tape you are in possession of.

RULE 4) Please make arrangements with the person below you as to how you would like to pass on your CD/tape. Arrangements will not be made for you.

and finally...

RULE 5) First swap will take place MONDAY 1ST AUGUST and then EVERY MONDAY after that. If you can't make that date, take it up with the person below you.

Thank you and good luck!

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tv tanned

well my supply dried up fairly early on.

I'd be up for it, provided we could arrange definite meeting times, and keep in contact with folk.

It also helps if you vaguely know the person you are trading from and to, otherwise it just fades away.

Guest tv tanned
I was at a 'Tape-Mix' party which was great fun. Maybe there should be a specific time and place arranged for the swap (eg the Moorings' date=' Sunday at 6pm type of thing)? That way there's plenty of folk to swap with.[/quote']

I suggested this last time, but it was rejected.

I think that it makes most sense to make it a kind of proper 'club' in the sense that you all meet once a week, have a few drinkies, swap tapes and chat.

Guest tv tanned
That'd be good... I'd probably suggest a tea time swap during the week because less people would be working... sorta like 6pm on monday night at the moorings or something.

Then you have the whole working week to listen to things :)

Yes' date=' that's going to be helpful to me working 9-5 in Inverurie, and living in Bucksburn.

Yes 6pm Monday would [i']really be good for me... :rolleyes:

Guest tv tanned

well, it's nae really my club, so we'll see if Holly has anything to say since she is suggesting it.

For me early-evening on Saturdays would be best.

Guest tv tanned
I don't know anyone but like making compilation CD's and would happily send one to some poor victim :devil:

But we're friendly folk really, you could come along and meet people, I probably won't know half the folk involved.

I came home from London.

From what I gather (I wasn't a part of it last time), we make a list of everyone who wants to be involved, each of those people make a CD and then pass it onto the person below them on the list.

Paul tells me the reason it failed last time is because nobody could be arsed with postage. HOWEVER! I was thinking that surely everyone who wants to be involved will know somebody in an off the forums manner so if it's arranged in a way that everyone is above and below someone they know, swapping CD's shouldn't be a problem. That might be tricky though so if anyone who wants to be involved adds their name to the following list, I'll try and figure it out later!

PrincessHolly

Paulscoconutass

Guest bluesxman
Judging by your input in the "One Down" thread TV Tanned' date=' I would be more than a little afraid....[/quote']

Why is that? tvtanned talks sense for the most part as far as I can see. Has a realistic viewpoint on things.

I came home from London.

From what I gather (I wasn't a part of it last time)' date=' we make a list of everyone who wants to be involved, each of those people make a CD and then pass it onto the person below them on the list.

Paul tells me the reason it failed last time is because nobody could be arsed with postage. HOWEVER! I was thinking that surely everyone who wants to be involved will know somebody in an off the forums manner [b']so if it's arranged in a way that everyone is above and below someone they know, swapping CD's shouldn't be a problem. That might be tricky though so if anyone who wants to be involved adds their name to the following list, I'll try and figure it out later!

PrincessHolly

Paulscoconutass

Again, somewhat defeats the purpose...