aberdeen-music

unknown blasts in london

Untitled

Guest MerryChristmas
I've been waiting for some idiot on ITV to make this suggestion' date=' that it was some enraged Frenchman, angry about the Olympic bid and arguments over Agriculture.[/quote']

It wouldnt be the first time France has bombed a friendly country

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

all the terrorism experts and most of the police are in gleneagles making london much easier to target. i'm not sure it's necessarily a protest more an opportunity to get away with it.

There are only 1,000 met police at Gleneagles. London has over 28,000 police so cant agree that London was a soft target.

There are only 1' date='000 met police at Gleneagles. London has over 28,000 police so cant agree that London was a soft target.[/quote']

hmmm, fair enough. though i'd imagine that a large portion of their security experts and MI5 may be in gleneagles or at least their attention had been shifted to the gleneagles summit and security issues surrounding it and perhaps off those planning attacks on the underground.

the only people that really know how or why it's happened are the people that planned and executed the attack, all we can do is speculate.

I don't think its really fair to attack anti-terrorism measures. A great many of the expenses have been in training emergency services to deal with an attack like this and they are cl;early coping excellently.

What's more they have already foiled plenty of previous attempts but this sort of thing is pretty unpreventable.

Thankfully I'm on the other side of London but its still very frightening and I feel it may not be over yet.

Guest tv tanned
I've been waiting for some idiot on ITV to make this suggestion' date=' that it was some enraged Frenchman, angry about the Olympic bid and arguments over Agriculture.[/quote']

I don't think even THEY would be that stupid...

no, wait, actually...

Guest tv tanned
Civillians killed by the British aided bombing of Iraq - around 25' date='000

Civillians killed by the French sinking of the Rainbow Warrior - 1[/quote']

Plus, the sinking of the rainbow warrior was not an attack on New Zealand.

That's a fairly conservative estimate for the Iraq figures Ryan.

Guest tv tanned
Hardly makes it right though' date=' does it?[/quote']

No, but I seem to recall there were severe repurcussions for the government in France, more than can be said here and in US...

The idiots on Fox news mentioned some quote from a member of the Italian government and then had a lengthy discussion about last years "Milan train bombings".

FOX News is pathetic. Another idiot on the channel today was talking about how London must remain strong and how the UK must continue with the War on Terror, whilst doing so the idiot then started talking about the Spanish Government pulling their forces out of Iraq, and stated look what happened to them. By doing so, the presenter in question obviously thought that the Madrid bombings took place after the troop withdrawal, but the Spanish troops were removed after the Madrid bombings and there has since been zero terrorist attacks against the Spanish by AL-Qaeda or any affiliated group.

In regards to the War on Terror, I remember having a conversation with someone about it shortly before the invasion of Iraq and I came to the conclusion that the concept of the War on Terror was basically Orwellian. I came to this conclusion because if there are no terrorist attacks, the supporters of the War on Terror conclude that the War on Terror is working, conversely if there is a terrorist attack, like today, they conclude that the War on Terror must continue till it is won.

Guest tv tanned

Just got this from my Channel 4 news e-mail.

**Scotland Yard has issued the following casualty hotline number: 0870 1566 344**

SNOWMAIL UPDATE AT 15.30:

At least 33 people have been killed and up to a thousand injured in a series of bomb attacks on bus and Underground services in central London.A previously unknown group has claimed responsiblity in the name of Al Qaeda.

The first - shortly before 8.50am - came on a tube train between Aldgate East and Liverpool Street, in which seven people are believed to have been killed. Another explosion followed, on a Number 30 bus in Tavistock Square.

The bus packed was with commuters when it exploded, ripping off the roof.

Up to 25 people are believed killed in the third blast - on a Metropolitan line train between Russell Square and King's Cross. And nine died in an explosion on a tube train at Edgware Road station.

Other news coming in:

- All 54 state schools in Westminster will be closed tomorrow in the wake of the terrorist bombings and resulting public transport chaos. Westminster City Council said: "The decision to close schools came as a result of uncertainties about transport arrangements."

- Euston and Paddington stations have re-opened. Victoria station still not open, despite earlier reports.

- Metropolitan Police officers in Scotland for the G8 summit are to be urgently redeployed to London following today's terror attacks on the capital.

- Tony Blair has arrived back in Downing Street

------------------------------------

There are only 1' date='000 met police at Gleneagles. London has over 28,000 police so cant agree that London was a soft target.[/quote']

and how big is gleneagles ? and how big is london ?

ofcourse Gleneagles is a harder target.

fucking tight as a nut up there.

I love hearing all these expert opinions on everything, it's amazing what a good bombing can make people say.

I realised this morning, that when I changed a Euston, the lights went off and on, "the power surge", that was at 8.50 am (or thereabouts). That's when the first bomb when off is it not ?

Simon mothboy was splashed by a car going through a puddle this morning, made him 15 mins late...and, if he was 15 mins earlier, he would have been at liverpool st. station. He's glad to be alive today.

The G8 Summit is going to continue in Blairs absence' date=' which is abit worrying considering he was chairing the summit and the one pushing most for agreements on the poverty and climate change issues.[/quote']

So terrorists now pose a threat to both the fight against world poverty AND global warming?