aberdeen-music

unknown blasts in london

Untitled

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If they'd wanted to kill as many people as possible they would have targeted the Live 8 gigs or something, although security might have been higher than normal it would still be relatively easy I would expect.

I think the transport system was the target, not sure it was Al-Queda though.

Guest tv tanned

thing is, yesterday was the opportunity really, massive street party to celebrate the Olympic bid winning.

I am still sceptical, Al Qaeda always go for maximum casualties, and they quite like the publicity as well (Twin Towers) so it would have made more 'sense' to them...

I will wait and see.

The problem with the 24 hour media is that there are always 'experts' being lined up to give their 'opinions'. Just give us the facts please, speculation doesn't help and often raises the hysteria.

Dunno if any of this has been said but I've heard that it was a suicide bomber on the bus that exploded. apparently all shell employees in aberdeen have been told to work at home tomorrow cos of terrorist risk and I've heard grangemouth and brighton have been targeted from a wifie in here whose daughter works for itn in london - dunno if thats true or not

thing is' date=' yesterday was the opportunity really, massive street party to celebrate the Olympic bid winning.

I am still sceptical, Al Qaeda always go for maximum casualties, and they quite like the publicity as well (Twin Towers) so it would have made more 'sense' to them...

I will wait and see.

The problem with the 24 hour media is that there are always 'experts' being lined up to give their 'opinions'. Just give us the facts please, speculation doesn't help and often raises the hysteria.[/quote']

Maybe they had a bigger surprise lined up for Paris, everybody else thought they'd win.

As I said, transport system is pretty much maximum casualties, enclosed space, people packed together, lots of glass, hopefully* travelling fast when it happens.

*obviously I'm talking from the terrorists point of view with that word.

Guest tv tanned
In a way all Al-Qaida and similar group's attack are protests against what the G8 stand for.

that's not quite the same as a specific protest against the G8. And if the G8 were the targets, the blasts would have been in Edinburgh or near to Gleneagles.

Source

London Blasts Claimed by Al Qaeda

Today's blasts in London have been claimed by Al Qaeda's European chapter, Qaeda't al-Jihad in Europe. A statement has been posted on a site often used by Qaeda agents, www.qal3ati.com. The statement follows (translated by one of my staff here in Baghdad):

Announcement on London's Operation 7/7/2005

Jamaat al-Tandheem Al-Sierri (secret organization group)

Organization of Qaeda't al-Jihad in Europe

In the name of God the most merciful...

Rejoice the nation of Islam, rejoice nation of Arabs, the time of revenge has come for the crusaders' Zionist British government.

As retaliation for the massacres which the British commit in Iraq and Afghanistan, the mujahideen have successfully done it this time in London.

And this is Britain now burning from fear and panic from the north to the south, from the east to the west.

We have warned the brutish governments and British nation many times.

And here we are, we have done what we have promised. We have done a military operation after heavy work and planning, which the mujahideen have done, and it has taken a long time to ensure the success of this operation.

And we still warn the government of Denmark and Italy, all the crusader governments, that they will have the same punishment if they do not pull their forces out of Iraq and Afghanistan.

So beware.

Thursday 7/7/2005

Jamaat al-Tandheem Al-Sierri (secret organization group)

Organization of al Qaeda't al-Jihad in Europe.

Guest tv tanned

It is saying on the news that the bus was carrying people who had been turned away at the tube station, so it appears the bus may not have been the target at all.