aberdeen-music

The Mighty Mighty BossToneS

Ross

I was asked by Joe Gittleman last night whether I felt that The BossToneS were still relevant and would pull a strong crowd if they were to tour again.

Joe was Tour Managing Flogging Molly and is now an A&R for Side One Dummy Records. He was/is the bassist and founding member along with Dicky in The BossToneS.

The band all have their own things that they are doing. Drummer plays with Frank Black amongst others. Dancer Ben Carr is an accountant by day.

To date the original lineup BossToneS are still the best band that i`ve seen performing at a gig. Obviously it wouldn`t be the original lineup but it would be a close as you could get.

So....

Would anyone really care? - aside from the obvious I hate skapunk / shite / not me retorts.

Capdown would almost certainly be the main support.

They may do some final Throwdowns also. 5 nights in a tiny sweaty club in Boston called The Middle East Club.

BossToneS pretty much founded the whole Ska-Core sound. Started in 1988? releasing their debut album in 1990 - "Devil's Night Out" which is a lot more raw than other albums. "Don`t Know How To Party" is my personal favourite.

Guest Startex

I'd be tempted Ross, but I'd be wary of spending tooooo much one 'em if I was u! I was at the "Hop & Grape" gig in 98 (?) when they released the big single and they were ace. Always dissapoints me how people try to call them 'ska' though. Lemme know if it's gonna happen!

:cheers:

I'd defo be at that and I'd take my cuzz as well - he saw them when he was staying in Glasgow and said they are one of the best bands he's ever seen.

Bosstones are ace!

It gives me a warm glow that you are even considering putting on a band as awesome as this, Ross! Good work, fella!