aberdeen-music

moshulu

johnathan

totally see what you are sayin but you gotta understand that ross opr whoever is djin on said night is obligated to keep the dance floor busy especially at later parts of the night when club is full or busier than earlier points. if green day american idiot or my last seranade killswitch are the ones to do this then that is what has to be played.....its what the majoirty of the payin public demand

also for the sorta stuff you are lookin to be played it will be played but just in moderation at start of night when less presure to fill up the dance floor with the *hits*

xx

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

if green day american idiot or my last seranade killswitch are the ones to do this then that is what has to be played.....its what the majoirty of the payin public demand

i know this but some bravery would be cool.

also consider that maybe these people arent dancing cos its the song theyve been dying to hear all night but because they know its about the onlyh thing like it theyll hear or about the best they are gonna get....

on friday youd maybe have noticed me in a drunken stated of mind dancing to my last serenade. but its not cos i was like yeeeees! my last serendae!!! but more like oh well. its prob the best im gonna hear all night.

i reckon that if the dj was to have a bit more guts and say play a norma jean song, or something along that lines instead he might see more of a reaction than expected. i have heard the bloodening been played. but what if they played it later on in the night? i dunno.

why isnt carnage each week?

ps for starting this thread. my scene points plummeted rapidly and got to like - 8 . now they are back at - 6 yet i have not changed my opinion. i dont really get it. not that i care

Just wondering' date=' why was your nose so big in Moshulu on Friday?[/quote']

Just wondering, fancy meeting me for a drink before Moshulu next Friday?

and you know they wont play stayover.

just cos you requested it.

I don't think that was his point.

i know this but some bravery would be cool.

Jesus I thought you were totally down on the whole indie thing...

why isnt carnage each week?

Let's see. I remember a night in very much the same vein called 'Caged' which no one really turned up for every week regularly...

Don't you think that if enough people into the kind of music played at Carnage had been going to Caged then the nights at Moshulu would generally be geared towards a much heavier-music-oriented audience so as to pull in the biggest crowd?

Heavier music scares off more people than it pulls in at a club night in Aberdeen.

Fact.

you still didnt really answer my last one. where did i exactly demand more "metalcore - subgenre of Metal/Punk/Hardcore - subgenre of Rock/Pop"

and what was it you wanted me to tell you? " tell me how on earth you can fit more by numerous artists in the same genre into the spectrum of music above."

you might also notice im not actually asking for more atreyu but maybe more a break from them and some other bands' date=' that might be suited to people who like them or into them.[/quote']

I played Underoath after getting a request for them. Two people at the most danced or even seemed to enjoy it. The only bands you asked for by name were KSE, Atreyu and Johnny Truant. I couldn't find JT 'The Bloodening' [not for lack of being a fan as I'm sure people could tell you] and after that you requested 'xfashionxcorex'.

I heard no other band names from you and that's not a genre I'd like to peg anyone with so henceforth I'm left with no idea of what you want really.

i fail to see how someone could mistake kse for emo.

Then you're underestimating the general public then.

i think maybe im not okay by mcr shud be deleted from fridays setlist for a while too.

If you'd been paying attention you'd have noticed that the aforementioned song didn't actually get played on Friday...

Stick down some more ideas in this wonderfully constructive thread of what you'd like to hear of a Friday night. I'm interested to hear it.

On the DJ's side of the argument they have to play for the masses as Ross said, if not; they won't get people through the doors, people on the dance floor, people at the bar and so on. This inevitably leads to more chart / popular music being played which isn't necessarily a bad thing...

..Unless you're a stinky metal/emo/hardcore/goth/smut - kid and can't see far enough past your own preferred genre to accept the changes, in which case.... you're fucked. The only problem I think is that moshulu does have the tag of being the only extreme alternative night in the 'Deen which means it does usually attract and keep the custom of most of these extremists. The moshulu crowd doesn't seem to have changed much since i first went there 3 years ago which can't be a bad thing because they're obviously managing to keep the loyals.... loyal.

I can see both sides of this argument but the last few months Ive been hanging out in Exodus more often, because the set lists aren't massively different barring a few of the hardcore tracks that have already been mentioned and it's nice to see some new faces now and again.

i didnt stay in aberdeen when that cage night thing was going. pity. sounds like fun. how come that didnt come back with the carnage night.

i only ask for those bands later in the night when i have realised and settled for the fact that nothing else i request stands a chance of being played. and im wasted and go, ah well fuck time for the usuals i guess.

xfashionxcorex. um fits at like? never heard of it and didnt ask for.

all im saying it would be cool for something different and then even if its just a few songs. maybe like a track from first jt album. maybe a norma jean track? or bleeding through.

im finished here

Guest bluesxman
.Unless you're a stinky metal/emo/hardcore/goth/smut - kid and can't see far enough past your own preferred genre to accept the changes' date=' in which case.... you're fucked. [/quote']

Chortle.

I went to Moshulu a couple times when it first opened and the Mudd Club had died. Never went back because of the relentless Nu Metal or whatever other style of metal it was. It's not my thing but can appreciate it will be played to appeal to those who like it. A varied track list from a DJ surely is better as it will attract a varied crowd. I remember when I did venture to Moshulu it wasn't exactly busy. I don't go out in Aberdeen to often but when I do I would rather go to an 'alternative' type club than pish like Espionage, there isn't that much choice though.

Exodus has been my venue of choice lately on my occasional nights out in town even if they do insist on playing Dakota. I hate Stereophonics.

all im saying it would be cool for something different and then even if its just a few songs. maybe like a track from first jt album. maybe a norma jean track? or bleeding through.

im finished here

Try staying at home then. I'm sure you're CD player will fulfill all of your needs and wants.

And it won't call you bignose either.

Try staying at home then. I'm sure you're CD player will fulfill all of your needs and wants.

And it won't call you bignose either.

damn you , you hunk of love metal and no not that stuff thats gets churned out of ville vallo or fitever.

I was just thinking what you just wrote