aberdeen-music

End of year scene point round-up!!

I think a great idea would be, at the end of the year, prepare a public page whereby everyone can see all the scene point comments received/given out....create filters so you can search for all comments left by a member, or all comments given to a particular member etc. I think it will make a highly entertaining read and certainly change some peoples opinions on others, for better or for worse (or for far far FAR worse possibly? :D)

Come on, you know it would be fun ;)

yeah it would be fun' date=' but im guessing it would make some feel uncomfortable..if they have been picking on particular members etc...cant see anything but trouble resulting from this[/quote']

serves them right. they should know that scene points aren't anonymous anyway.

It would be hilarious.

To us, yes it would be hilarious. :)

But to the hundreds of people leaving comments to other members declaring their secret love/hatred of them (yes, people have done and are doing this) it would probably leave them absolutely mortified if these comments were then to be later revealed to the public domain.

At this moment in time I can only see two things happening with scene points. They will either stay exactly as they are or I will get sick of people going on about them and just switch them off completely.

To us' date=' yes it would be hilarious. :)

But to the hundreds of people leaving comments to other members declaring their secret love/hatred of them (yes, people have done and are doing this) it would probably leave them absolutely mortified if these comments were then to be later revealed to the public domain.

[/quote']

Damn!! No one has declared their secret love for me, apart from Graeme :nono::help:

I think that would be quite amusing' date=' and it might name and shame some of the 'funny guys' going around giving random neg scene point comments just to be asses.[/quote']

Well shock i got a 'stop posting on this shit thread' for the music association gane. And in response to my comment above i got 'Like this?' hahahahahahahahahah

Honestly mate i dont care..

Maybe it could work on a smaller scale?

i.e. if we were to be given 3 chances through the course of say, a year, to see the identity of someone who's given a particular scene point, positive or negative. It would make it a bit more of a challenge than simply seeing the whole lot because the lack of opportunities would force users to be selective?

Maybe it would be a plan to reward users with high scene points too? Like, for example, to allocate them an extra chance per 100 points recieved or something, or the ability to give double scene points maybe?

Just a thought, it's probably flawed, but I'm tired, meh.

Hehe, maybe a bit too complicated kev?

For what you said about rewarding people with high scene points; it's already built in. The points you give (dunno about taking away) is proportional to the scene points you have. I don't know if it is directly, but for sure it does that. When Hog gave me one, it put it up like 7 or something, where as when you did it only went up 1.

Giving a chance to reveal who gave the points would stop people being such assholes, i guess that is a good thing, but overall...no

Hehe' date=' maybe a bit too complicated kev?

For what you said about rewarding people with high scene points; it's already built in. The points you give (dunno about taking away) is proportional to the scene points you have. I don't know if it is directly, but for sure it does that. When Hog gave me one, it put it up like 7 or something, where as when you did it only went up 1.

Giving a chance to reveal who gave the points would stop people being such assholes, i guess that is a good thing, but overall...no[/quote']

Haha, I'm such a shit poster...17 points.

• 7 months later...
What's this then ? What are they and how do you award scene points?

Scene points were around a while ago... You could give someone a positive or negative one, and leave a comment on why. They were removed after some people took it far too seriously and moaned that people were getting too many, or that they were getting too many negative points.