aberdeen-music

Music t-shirts

Time Machine

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

eh. i don't think it really matters...although if i buy a t-shirt at a gig i tend to change into it afterwards so i don't feel too minging on the walk home/to the hotel. either that or wear it the day after so people on the train go ''oh, look she was at the gig too/is one of those teens on ASBOS''

A great philosopher once wrote: "Going to a gig whilst wearing a t-shirt of that particular band is uncool". Discuss' date=' citing authority and anecdotes. (20 marks)[/quote']

Thinking about it is uncool. Probably.

Narc does this:

wear a t-shirt they've just bought at the very same show

But only if he can't do this:

Going to a gig whilst wearing a t-shirt of that particular band

But I'd say wearing a Smashing Pumpkins t-shirt to a Teenage Fanclub gig is perhaps a greater crime.

Wearing band t-shirts is uncool FULL STOP

Whats cooler, dudes, is wearing the shirt of a band that will get you noticed, and gain you some cred. Even mainstream bands will do it. :finger:

Seen a pic Zack De La Rocha wearing a Los Crudos tshirt, Jordan from New Found Glory wearing a His Hero Is Gone tshirt, Billie Joe wearin a Neurosis tshirt, Mike Dirnt wearing a Spitboy tshirt....so if you go to their gigs wearing those shirts, they'll pick up on that and think "cool".

"This songs for the bloke in the Siege shirt". Nicely noticed, Barney. :D

Read here -> =====================

Explain this exuberant statement young man.

I choose to ignore Keilan's underlining of this subject, and answer the above question. Rock n' roll is about glamour, and your favourite bands should inspire you to dress in a more flamboyant style, rather than degrade yourself in their cheaply-made, garishly-designed, and often pointless merchandise.

p.s. if you want to show your appreciation for a band, badges have my official sanction

I've got too many band t-shirts......really miss my Zeppelin Earl's Court one I bought in 75 though!!! I still wear ones from 15 years ago, although squeezing into them is getting harder with every year! (Still have an OZ one I got c 1971!!!!).

A mate of mine once swapped his Kiss t-shirt for whatever Kim Gordon was wearing at a Sonic Youth gig in Glasgow (at her request!!!!). Wish I could've buried my face in it for a sniff or two of her oxter sweat!!!!! :rockon:

I agree but to be honest' date=' and i'm not just having a go at you, but i feel extremely embarrassed when i see someone with "You Love Us" sprayed on the back of their jacket.[/quote']

Was that him? Deary me, I'm surprised. At least it was probably a homemade job, and not an expensive Gaultier copy