aberdeen-music

what is the best metal band ever

the nobz

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It depends because metal is such a huge genre nowdays

Totally agree. If I have to choose one i would pick Tool.

Always considered tool to be a prog rock band. One of the best anyhow. Musically i don't think

anyone can touch them. I must see them live. New cd in the summer to come maybe :)

alice in chains/soundgarden metal? Fuck right off

Neurosis rule

Soundgarden and Alice In Chains are metal bands.

Have you bothered to even listen to these bands before talking out your arse, Soundgarden's early work easily falls into the above genre songs such as Hands All Over, Rusty Cage, Outshined, Jesus Christ Posse, Loud Love could easily sit beside tracks by all the bands previously mentioned.

Too many of you overlook the legends that are kreator...

Jake...what??!! Flag of Hate EP is good but by no means their best!

Kreator dont have a bad album...the first "Endless Pain" is a bit root but hey its a pretty naive debut! "Coma of Souls" from 1990 is one of the finest thrash albums ever if not,IMHO, the finest!

The thing is though, what makes Kreator truly special is that the latest two records, 2001's "Violent Revolution" and this years "Enemy of God" are seen as their most vital and best yet. Not bad at all for a band 20 years on huh? Most bands at that point are way past their peak but not Mille and co! Awesome! I even thought their nineties period, which was a bit experimental, is awesome! "Cause for conflict" from 1995 is BRUTAL!!!

If you wanna know about Kreator talk to Ben.

Violent Revolution is a kick ass ablum but y'know its new lol it has to be old school narf narf

I prefered them when they were called Tormentor when they done the end of the world split with destruction

now that is going back to the old school 1983 to be precise and i have an orignal copy.

Soundgarden and Alice In Chains are metal bands.

Have you bothered to even listen to these bands before talking out your arse' date=' Soundgarden's early work easily falls into the above genre songs such as Hands All Over, Rusty Cage, Outshined, Jesus Christ Posse, Loud Love could easily sit beside tracks by all the bands previously mentioned.[/quote']

Yeah good one, soundgarden were always in the same breath as nirvana, pearl jam, screaming trees, alice in chains. There is no way the forementioned bands are metal.

Have i bothered? Heh. I do have a very large collection of alice in chains and soundgarden.

Guess that means you have to get your head out of your own asshole then.

Alice in Chains - Selftitled, Dirt, Facelift, Heroin, Jar of Flies & Sap, Live, Music Bank, Nothings Safe, Unplugged. Plus various bootlegs.

Soundgarden - Badmotor finger, Ultramega OK, Flower EP, Louder Than Love, Screaming Life, Superunknown.

Is that good enough for your arse?? Fuck off and don't try and compete with me. You couldn't even come close to owning as much of the above as i have

Only bands like anal cunt count as "metal" to rune. He doesn't think of tool as "metal" either. thing is if you define a genre so narrowly there'll be nothing in it. And genres are a marketing term: useful' date=' but pointless.[/quote']

Please then genius, explain why soundgarden, alice in chains and tool are metal

Yeah good one' date=' soundgarden were always in the same breath as nirvana, pearl jam, screaming trees, alice in chains. There is no way the forementioned bands are metal.

Have i bothered? Heh. I do have a very large collection of alice in chains and soundgarden.

Guess that means you have to get your head out of your own asshole then.

Alice in Chains - Selftitled, Dirt, Facelift, Heroin, Jar of Flies & Sap, Live, Music Bank, Nothings Safe, Unplugged. Plus various bootlegs.

Soundgarden - Badmotor finger, Ultramega OK, Flower EP, Louder Than Love, Screaming Life, Superunknown.

Is that good enough for your arse?? Fuck off and don't try and compete with me. You couldn't even come close to owning as much of the above as i have[/quote']

awesome post!!! :D:D:D funniest thing i've read in years.

and your old man's bigger than his old man too i expect...

:rockon:

Well then please decide the next time you "try" and be smart as it doesn't impress me in the slightest. I have so much better things to do in my time than reply to your shallow replies

Then why don't you?

[EDIT: just noticed mr dayeth has already clocked that one...]

And I would have personally said Alice In Chains and Tool DO venture into metal territory - that's not to say that they are entirly metal bands. Same goes for soundgarden - heavily influenced by Sabbath in places - who are often considered the first heavy metal band.

Assuming this is the straight up metal thang.

Thus Killswitch Engage and all are Metal-core.

I`d probably go for Metallica more than Maiden. Pantera also had a kind of hardcore vibe to some of their recordings. "This Love" is still my favourite Pantera track.

Megadeth have some excellent tunes (sweating bullets being a favourite) but I always thought that they were second to Metallica.

Initially I was a Metallica fan but i`ve just heard them to death. I`m still one of if not THE biggest RATM fans I know but I wouldn`t class them as metal.

However Iron Maiden are growing on me greatly as they do have some amazing melodies.

Finally...... why has nobody mentioned Bolthrower.