aberdeen-music

What Cd's have you been buying recently?

Paranoid Android

I was reallllly disappointed with the JF album. Salt Pepper and Spinderella is tots rad, and there are a few others that i like to bop my head too....but overall, hmmm. I find it waaaay over produced a lot of the time (what do others think of the production?), which has led them to kinda ruining the songs taken from the E.P :\

johnny foreigner - waited up til it was light

envy - all the footprints you've ever left and the fear expecting ahead

that envy album is great. see the 'fast' screemo kind of bits though, they always seem a wee bit out of time to me, i do think it's on purpose though. Left Hand is a great song. I still havn't decided between this and dead sinking story.

i can listen to that johnny foreigner album (which i have had a 'lend' of) a lot and have a good sing a long, but it doesn't seem to stick with me. i really like the first tune about the ship or something... the outro is well written.

you don't even download stuff thats out of press?? mental

as for ALKALINE-friendly music...nae sure what it is for ye at the moment, I aint really spoken to you in a while other than when you said you dont really listen to metal or mo$hulucore anymore and that you hated Johnny Foreigner (poor) :D I ken you listen to a ton of POST ROCK so you probably know most of it.

sorry if you know this lot

MySpace.com - toe - ??? - Indie / Emo / Rock - www.myspace.com/toemusic (you may ken em, cracking 3 piece)

MySpace.com - Headphones - POULSBO, US - Electronica / Indie / Rock - www.myspace.com/headphones (david bazan's solo stuff, check out I never wanted you)

MySpace.com - junius - Boston, Massachusetts - Indie / Rock / Progressive - www.myspace.com/junius (doing a gig in october for these guys)

MySpace.com - kimya dawson - olympia, Washington - Indie / Folk / Punk - www.myspace.com/kimyadawson (you prob ken her, she makes me smile)

MySpace.com - Moleck - Newcastle Upon Tyne, UK - Alternative / Progressive / Rock - www.myspace.com/moleckband (great geordies)

MySpace.com - YEAR OF NO LIGHT - BORDEAUX - Ambient / Shoegaze - www.myspace.com/yearofnolight (great french gloomy metal, good cover of disorder by JD on there atm)

MySpace.com - Projekt A-Ko - UK - Alternative / Indie / Post punk - www.myspace.com/projektako (3/4 of urusei doing studio stuff)

MySpace.com - Extreme Cherokee (Official) - Metal / Metal / Metal - www.myspace.com/extremecherokee (this lot just make me laugh/punch air)