aberdeen-music

Im interested in starting college and need help:

Fast Caz

I think you'll find that it was nothing of the sort.

Thats the best post I have ever seen in my life.

Anyway, Dechristianise, heres one for you. I left school with standard grades but no highers (3 D's) because I didnt study and was not interested. I Then went to College at Aberdeen and did work. Started a business and hey presto! I think College is an ace idea if you have aims and use your skills that you have developed. I also reckon the self employment rocks! :rockon:

Thats the best post I have ever seen in my life.

Anyway' date=' Dechristianise, heres one for you. I left school with standard grades but no highers (3 D's) because I didnt study and was not interested. I Then went to College at Aberdeen and did work. Started a business and hey presto! I think College is an ace idea if you have aims and use your skills that you have developed. I also reckon the self employment rocks! :rockon:[/quote']

Hog - Livin' it.

I think there's too much pressure on people to get five highers at A/B grades' date=' get a degree, secure a job etc. [b']They might not necessarily enjoy the job.

But... with a degree you could work at burger king or be a lawyer. Without a degree you're limited to the former.

i dont think ASDA would ever reject someone for being over qualified?? surely?

thats discrimination against someone... maybe if they were under-qualified i can see they'd have a problem!

It is shit that, but it does happen. They reckon that with a degree you are just taking on a job as a stop gap, and are more likely to leave earlier. It makes you a less good option for the business to invest in, eg in training. I guess this is why they have those shitty graduate schemes for uni leavers, to make it worthwhile for them to stick around. You normally have to convince them you plan to advance yourself within the company. You have to outline motivations relating to the company so they think employing you is worth the effort. if they think you see the job as shit they never let you have it.

VERY depressing though.....

Guest valley69

to the bloke that wants to start college- fucking go for it. I hated school, stayed on till sixth yr and only got 1 higher. College is the best thing that ever happened to me, got my hnd, went into uni and doing fucking ace now. If you want to do carpentry thats fair play but at 16 it might be better to take a few highers or something at college, maybe a wide range and see what interests you most. Theres a whole lotta shit to be interested in - politics, arty shite, the social sciences like psychology or sociology, business studies....aberdeen college offers all of these things ... just be sure to avoid hairdressing or beauty therapy! :nono:

yeah!! study photography with me :D

i heard about you wanting to start college the other day and i say good luck! your best to not live your life in BK' date=' no matter how cool your Cannibal Carruthers badge is :p[/quote']

Hey, who is your tutor? I hope for your sake it aint Richard Siwek lol he's crazy :rockon:

Oh by the way, Ill be faxing your dept. a list of second hand camera equipment that we have in stock. There is some cool stuff that students of photography might be interested in. (manual lenses, bodies, flash guns etc) so keep an eye out :D

Hey' date=' who is your tutor? I hope for your sake it aint Richard Siwek lol he's crazy :rockon:

Oh by the way, Ill be faxing your dept. a list of second hand camera equipment that we have in stock. There is some cool stuff that students of photography might be interested in. (manual lenses, bodies, flash guns etc) so keep an eye out :D[/quote']

i havent started yet, im starting in spetember, for now im still at school (for christ sake, roll on september!!)