aberdeen-music

THIS WEEKEND - Bleeding Through & Cult Of Luna

Ross

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awwww man, that was the best gig i've been to in aberdeen. Bleeding Through were immense and omg the keyboard chick is even fucking hotter in the flesh!!!!

Weapon put on a great show too, Allergo didn't play as good as i've seen them but they were still ace.

Only let down for me was Cult Of Luna, to be honest i found them pretty boring, which is odd 'cause i usually like that sort of stuff.

Amazing, will definately be there if they come back.

:rockon:

what??!! band of the night for me....but thats who i came to see anyway...and i wasnt disappointed. cool to see difference of opinions though!

shaz

Yeah, dunno wot it is about them, i just find i can't get into them at all, believe me i've tried. They weren't shit by any means, but i dunno, i just can't put my finger on it.

fuckin phenomenal show....probably the best ive seen in aberdeen..or one of the best anyways...bleeding through were awesome..and cult of luna sounded immense although i didnt watch as i was speaking to someone..weapon phnomenal as always..and allergo didnt impress me but thats because im not a fan at all but im sure many do

Allegro: pretty different, the guys must enjoy the odd Converge and D.E.P album methinks. I really enjoyed them

MMw: first time seeing them in a wile. The guitars were really tight (no-one touches Dan on guitar in Aberdeen as far as im concerned) Ben however.... "Its weapon time" what the hell! And "lets see those horns" unless you are headlining Donnington you are going to come across like an ass saying that. I must say I did enjoy them though

Bleeding through: these guys were alright, pretty heavy but annoyingly generic (thats metalcore for you) I stood back and enjoyed the set though

Cult of Luna: Gods of the night, these guys are one of the best live acts Ive ever seen. I said to the band at the end of the night "I wasnt sure if I liked cult of Luna better or Isis better....I think you just made my mind up" (Ill find out for sure come the Isis gig) they were all really nice guys as well!

GODS

were allegro the first band to play? i liked them a lot, better than the second band to play(who were still pretty good). that first band, their singers voice sounds like someone elses i've heard, probably someone more famous, but i'm not 100% sure i'm not imagining it - any ideas?

i was expecting a lot from cult of luna, and they didn't dissapoint, i really enjoyed their set.

bleeding through were enjoyable, but not really my cup of tea and seemed (like was already said) a bit samey.

great gig though

Guest crime-is-for-dorks
It's probably becuase they're dull' date=' with slow, shit songs, and crappy everything.[/quote']

Note from all who currently accomodate my room

Mainly, Scott and Ross

"Please note that Scott and Ross are going to drop you on your head, for what would appear to be the second time in your life for such comments

kiss kiss hugzzz"

XxX

MMw: first time seeing them in a wile. The guitars were really tight (no-one touches Dan on guitar in Aberdeen as far as im concerned) Ben however.... "Its weapon time" what the hell! And "lets see those horns" unless you are headlining Donnington you are going to come across like an ass saying that. I must say I did enjoy them though

see i wouldnt say thats coming across as an ass at all..just some crowd interaction..and i quite liked the "its weapon time"

see i wouldnt say thats coming across as an ass at all..just some crowd interaction..and i quite liked the "its weapon time"

Crowd interaction can backfire badly if the crowd isn't there to see you though - I think we've all been at gigs where the support have said something stupid and everyone has let out a collective groan.

In my opinion, support bands should let the music do the talking.

Crowd interaction can backfire badly if the crowd isn't there to see you though - I think we've all been at gigs where the support have said something stupid and everyone has let out a collective groan.

In my opinion' date=' support bands should let the music do the talking.[/quote']

My God !!! I agree with Cloud :-o he is completely right there is nthing wrong than a support thinking they're the best thing on the bill, if they are the best thing on the bill its the crowd who'll decide that after the gig. There are ways of gettig a crowd going without seeming arrogant.

Cheers

Stuart

It's probably becuase they're dull' date=' with slow, shit songs, and crappy everything.[/quote']

Nae doubt that's exactly what it is oh Jedi of music.

Cult Of Luna exceeded even my own expectations.

What a surprise though to see a 'great' joining of the crowds for Bleeding Through.

Half pit/half dancing-like-I'm-fighting-an-invisible-bee.

Great. Go dudes!

fuckin phenomenal show....probably the best ive seen in aberdeen..or one of the best anyways...bleeding through were awesome..and cult of luna sounded immense although i didnt watch as i was speaking to someone..weapon phnomenal as always..and allergo didnt impress me but thats because im not a fan at all but im sure many do

Cult Of Luna sounded immense although you didn't watch them. You were speaking to someone.

Allergo didn't impress you much but then you're not a fan at all.

The two bands you do seem to like get 'awesome' and 'phnomenal as always' as reviews.

Fantastic.

I really didn't enjoy this gig at all. Not really my thing, but hey, I went along anyway.

Allergo - Seen them a few times now. Decent enough.

MMw - First time i'd seen them in months and have improved a shitload. Enjoyed them the best out of all the bands last night.

Cult of Luna - Boring as fuck. I thought they were terrible. Maybe I just don't get it as Doctor Evil would say.

Bleeding through - Not really my thing either, watched about 3/4 of the set then went for a sizzler which cheered me up no end.

:D

Allergo - wasn't the best I've seen them play but was still very enjoyable

MMW - Have improved a Heap since the last time i seen them, Bens singing has improved. Give him another six months and he'll get better yet. campest frontman since freddie mercury? oh yes.

Cult Of Luna - Best Band of the Night? Fairly Think So!! The Best Live performance i've ever seen? oh yes. Intense, heavy and beautiful all at once. SSR - you officially suck the big one.

Bleeding Through - as good as i was expecting, songs were more brutal than on record!

but for an overall experience my money was still on Cult of Luna.

thankyou ross for getting these two bands up here and if you can Get BT in July I will prance like a goon! and if COL are over can you pleasepleasepleasepleasePLEASE get them? thankyouplease! :)

woah,still find it hard to believe that happened in Aberdeen!

queue was surprisingly quite big outside but got in just in time to catch allergo,really enjoyed them,really lively great fun to watch.

MMW were great last night,really tight,songs have great hooks,move around a lot so very entertaining.musically excellent and i think the vocals have improved a hell of a lot since last time i saw them,ok,the horns statement-yeah slightly corny but these guys are obviously really into what they are doing and trying to get the crowd to have as much fun as they are can only be a good thing.great stuff.

Cult of Luna,my favourite band last night,best band i've seen play Aberdeen in a long time. they were absolutely mesmerising,the kinda band whose songs you just get lost in,melodic parts are really slow and hypnotic,sound carried really well last night i thought.their drummer was absolutely amazing.

Bleeding Through-great way to round off a brilliant night!they were on fire i thought,they sound every bit as good if not better than they do on cd,great crowd interaction,great songs,great band,awesome fun. :up: