aberdeen-music

THIS WEEKEND - Bleeding Through & Cult Of Luna

Ross

Guest crime-is-for-dorks
I heard they were both from Cornhill?

Actually, they're both from Peterhead, they were the year above me in school, I'm sure the smaller one of the two was nicknamed 'pandrop'. It's probably my fault they were there, I told them both to check out Bleeding Through one night when I worked in Moshulu, just after the gig had been confirmed. I sold them as a modern day Slayer or something. Anyways, I thought it was cool to finally start seeing a crossover between those who go to clubnights starting to go to gigs.

Jamesy

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a bunch of toss. Apart from thurisaz.

Was at the glasgow gig, Cult of Luna were great, thought the new drummer was a bit staid, the black guy was an excellent jazzy tubthumper The Watchtower was skull-crushingly heavy. Bleeding Through sounded like a derivative bunch of teenybopper-baiting con-artists. "we never thought when we formed in orange county we'd be headlining in glasgow" HA! Y'don't say! Cult of Luna's singer thought they were a bit bum too.

i hope they come back. front row next time too baby! bit mental, but then i don't go to a gig where the musics gonna be heavy and expect to leave all non-sweaty and untouched..and unbruised...i came back to edit this and make it sound a little less dodgy...but yeah....don't do hardcore dancing in a small enclosed area because..it just disnae work.

christ mordred - i must have been standing right next to you for most of bleeding through!! i was the guy in the orange prison tshirt standing next to the guy in the SYL tour tshirt.

When i saw your pictures i thought more or less the same thing :D

I think i was wearing my new Mastadon tour shirt but i could be wrong :rockon:

Bit of a late post, but hell, that had to be the best gig of my life.

I really enjoyed Allergo, I've thought they were great since the first time I saw them in Drakes about 2 years ago, and they just get better and better, the new songs are awesome. Great stuff. MMw, well, I won't get into this malarkey. Not a personal fan, but I can see why people like them to be honest. Cult of Luna...I don't want to sound ridiculously...ridiculous...but seeing them changed my life, in crazy ways. I cried through their whole set, embarrassingly. And then, I left.

In response to all that's been said on this thread, I hate the way these gigs at Moshulu feel. Its so great having these bands here, and so many thanks to Ross and co. for it, but it just seems like as soon as I step in the door, I'm being judged, on what I look like and whether I 'belong' there, and I know I'm not the only one who feels like that. I just wish everyone would make the atmosphere a bit better, the way Moshulu gigs used to be. But saying that, I guess we can't have everything.