aberdeen-music

Coronation Streets "Goth"stereotype

kirkt

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest neil ex

It would have been a better story line if Karen had become a goth and cut up baby Amy and drank her blood while reciting some wanky poetry on top of the Weatherfield art gallery or next to her recently deceased mother's grave. It is an amusing story line though. Tommy needs to be more tough on his kids, especially the one with 'lover boy'. First time I watched Corrie since Christmas day and Tommy 'hard man' Harris' son's become a goth.

has anyone noticed the increase of ginger-hiding goths? e.g. dying their hair black in an attempt to become non-ginger and to act all depressed due to their life of taunting, they also all seem to be friends lol, i know this as an old friend of mine went as far as tinting his eyebrows and slagging off other gingers ha ha, yeah arran i still remember your days of a shaved head and spiderlegged fringe....I HAVE THE PICS TO PROVE IT!!!

I wonder if the writers know that Cradle of Filth are actually a real band or if they thought of something incredibly cliche and it was a coincidence. They keep going on about Stench of Death who are fictional (at least, I've never heard of them). It was like the episode of Friends where the girl who tried to buy the same wedding dress as Monica said her fiance wanted "the heavy metal band, Carcass" to play their wedding. I doubt the Friends writers knew that a band called Carcass actually existed and just went for something cliche.

"well hayley (*hayleys a MAN!*)' date=' being a goff, is lyk, seeing, buuuty and darkness boot at the same tyme."[/quote']

jesus you dont think ive had that fucking joke since Corrie's Hayley appeared? It was funny at first but once youve heard it a thousand times it does lose its appeal

I wonder if the writers know that Cradle of Filth are actually a real band or if they thought of something incredibly cliche and it was a coincidence. They keep going on about Stench of Death who are fictional (at least' date=' I've never heard of them). It was like the episode of Friends where the girl who tried to buy the same wedding dress as Monica said her fiance wanted "the heavy metal band, Carcass" to play their wedding. I doubt the Friends writers knew that a band called Carcass actually existed and just went for something cliche.[/quote']

clearly you didn't know that Matt Le Blanc was part of the Liverpool grindcore scene in the late 80's

I hate these Goth stereoptypes as well

and it is slightly annoying that these types of shows

are supposed to try and get as close to reality now

they should do some bloody research into what it means to be a goth

and if they did, they would have to change the bloody storyline, coz they would find out that people who a"goths" don't have convos about how difficult it is to be one,

well not the ones i have been around with, anyway enough of my ranting

how about those spoons.

they are shiny hmm shiny spoons :jester:

Yes i am insane

Deepdrinker

great line yesterday from the sophie i think her name is "i'm not gonna be a goth when i'm her age' date=' me an chesney are gonna be chavs."[/quote']

Agreed!, i was watching it with my mom when that line came out i was rolling on the floor laugh while my mom just gave a vacant expression which turned out to be because she didnt know what a chav was... *sighs*

does anyone know whats going to happen on march 13th? or something when everyone is apparently supposed to die?!