aberdeen-music

Good Charlotte Fans

Born with Wings

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you still class them as a real rock/punk group' date='after seeing there new song and video?

I think it hould be more like manufactured boy band.

Taylor[/quote']

Thats a silly analogy because as far as i can see they were neither manbufactured, nor a boyband, maybe they have just gone more mainstream pop, but that sounds like a silly dig in order to illicit a reaction.

Cheers

Stuart

Guest allsystemsfail
Not a fan myself.... but fuck sake' date=' give them a break.

They've made a success of themselves yet get labelled sellouts, manufactured, a boy band......

Jealousy I think.[/quote']

Jealousy? JEALOUSY? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Sorry.

Folks are just sayin it as it is. Parading themselves as fuckin punks.

:swearing:

Well I'd rather not get involved with the whole punk ethics arguement going on here but here's what I got to say about the original topic:

I wouldn't say they're manufactured or a boyband or whatever.

I don't like their music.

The latest video I've seen isn't manufactured as cAmie said (can a video BE "manufactured"?) but designed by the guitar player and is a blatant rip off of AFI.

Guest allsystemsfail
Shut up you crusty old punk moron. You are by far the most boring person i have ever come across. GET OVER IT NO-ONE CARES!!!!!

Look, had Johnny Mac not taken a swipe at Good Charlotte's critics, I would have said nothing. And on this occasion I think most folks here would agree with me.

And moron? What's with the abuse? I say what I think. Apparently that's a crime on these boards.

Oh, and many people do care. I am not expressing what only I believe.

Hey man' date=' did you really think what you said was gonna go unchallenged? Jealousy indeed.[/quote']

DUDE.

I DON'T LIKE THE FUCKING BAND.

I just hate the fact they get slagged off for being popular.

Big fucking deal, who gives a flying fuck if a band is punk or not?

Only you.

No-one cares about punk music anymore as you see it.

It's not the 70's.

Get over it.

If you don't like them don't listen to them. They are mainstream. They are popular. Kids like them. Probably some adults. They have done well for themselves. Good for them. You don't like that. They are exploiting punk. Get over yourself. You are about as punk as my granny. Should punks use the internet? Selling out.

Guest allsystemsfail
DUDE.

I DON'T LIKE THE FUCKING BAND.

I just hate the fact they get slagged off for being popular.

Big fucking deal' date=' who gives a flying fuck if a band is punk or not?

Only you.

No-one cares about punk music anymore as you see it.

It's not the 70's.

Get over it.

If you don't like them don't listen to them. They are mainstream. They are popular. Kids like them. Probably some adults. They have done well for themselves. Good for them. You don't like that. They are exploiting punk. Get over yourself. You are about as punk as my granny. Should punks use the internet? Selling out.[/quote']

You just don't get it do you. Folks sticking it to GC has nothing whatsoever to do with their being popular. I dig a number of bands who have been hugely successful. In fact, way more popular than GC.

And no one cares about punk as I see it? A suggestion. Til you actually know what you're talking about, I think it better you say nothing. Coz hey, you're just making yourself look stupid.

And what has the 70s have to do with anything?

And so because I use the internet I have sold out the scene? HAHAHAHAHAHA

You just don't get it do you. Folks sticking it to GC has nothing whatsoever to do with their being popular. I dig a number of bands who have been hugely successful. In fact' date=' way more popular than GC.

And no one cares about punk as I see it? A suggestion. Til you actually know what you're talking about, I think it better you say nothing. Coz hey, you're just making yourself look stupid.

And what has the 70s have to do with anything?

And so because I use the internet I have sold out the scene? HAHAHAHAHAHA[/quote']

No mate, the simple fact is you talk a lot of bollocks.

End of.

Anyway, i'm happy exploiting punk wearing my vans shoes. Shit, i'll maybe even go and check out some good charlotte. Why did no-one slag off GC after their first album then? Only when they got popular? HMMMMMMMMMMMMMM?

The internet comment was a joke... I forgot the obligatory ';)' so you would understand it.

By the way, just out of interest, how old are you? Are you a grumpy old fucker, or a young frustrated fucker?

Smile.

Guest allsystemsfail
No mate' date=' the simple fact is you talk a lot of bollocks.

End of.

Anyway, i'm happy exploiting punk wearing my vans shoes. Shit, i'll maybe even go and check out some good charlotte. Why did no-one slag off GC after their first album then? Only when they got popular? HMMMMMMMMMMMMMM?

[/quote']

I'm sorry, but it is not simple fact. If anyone was talkin bollocks it was you. As I said, if you're gonna take swipe at the punk underground, I suggest you first do some research - have some experience/knowledge of it.

Why were folks such as myself not critical of GC much earlier? Well, I guess because we were not even aware of their existence. As I said, and have proven, popularity has nothing to do with it. Sure, many I am sure do knock GC coz it's cool to do so, but I'm not one of those.

That's all.

ye but they came from a shity poor background' date=' but they say they're not flashy[/quote']

yet in this month's issue of loaded the twat-faced singer was bragging about spending $90, 000 on the purchase of his car and an additional $10, 000 on some fancy trim. All that coupled with a multi-million dollar house. not flashy at all.

I'm sorry' date=' but it is not simple fact. If anyone was talkin bollocks it was you. As I said, if you're gonna take swipe at the punk underground, I suggest you first do some research - have some experience/knowledge of it.

Why were folks such as myself not critical of GC much earlier? Well, I guess because we were not even aware of their existence. As I said, and have proven, popularity has nothing to do with it. Sure, many I am sure do knock GC coz it's cool to do so, but I'm not one of those.

That's all.[/quote']

I don't have much knowledge of the underground punk scene as it doesn't interest me in the slightest. I liked 'punk' when I was a kid back in the early 80's. I liked the 'popular' punk. The Clash, The Ruts, The Ramones, The Sex Pistols, The Skids, The Vibrators blah blah blah. I've kinda moved out of that phase. It happens?

You post on all these threads berrating bands you dislike as they 'aren't punk' or that compaines are 'exploiting punk'. If I don't like a band, do I bother blabbing on about it? No, i'll ignore them and move on, like I do the 'hallowed underground punk scene of the 00's'.

Your one man punk crusade is all very good and valid i've no doubts. But it gets a bit boring after seeing you moan on about how yet another band is not 'punk'. Or yet another thread about your favourite 'extra thick crust punk bands of September 1993'.

Ok, you weren't critical of GC earlier as you didn't know about them. So they were ok when they weren't popular? Couldn't that be said for any band? How many bands have you seen becoming huge then having a massive backlash. LOADS.

But wait, How can you say you don't knock GC? You went mental at them for not being punk earlier in this thread. I personally dislike their music, but am not going to slag them off, i'll just ignore it.

yet in this month's issue of loaded the twat-faced singer was bragging about spending $90' date=' 000 on the purchase of his car and an additional $10, 000 on some fancy trim. All that coupled with a multi-million dollar house. not flashy at all.[/quote']

Good for him. Anyone in his position would probably do the same. And any of you who say otherwise are lying. I wouldn't mind a new car. Mine sucks.

:D

Good for him. Anyone in his position would probably do the same. And any of you who say otherwise are lying. I wouldn't mind a new car. Mine sucks.

:D

hey i'm not denying him the right to have a flashy car and house, just pointing out that claiming to not be flashy and then spending that much on a house and car totally contradicts yourself.

Guest allsystemsfail
I don't have much knowledge of the underground punk scene as it doesn't interest me in the slightest. I liked 'punk' when I was a kid back in the early 80's. I liked the 'popular' punk. The Clash' date=' The Ruts, The Ramones, The Sex Pistols, The Skids, The Vibrators blah blah blah. I've kinda moved out of that phase. It happens?

You post on all these threads berrating bands you dislike as they 'aren't punk' or that compaines are 'exploiting punk'. If I don't like a band, do I bother blabbing on about it? No, i'll ignore them and move on, like I do the 'hallowed underground punk scene of the 00's'.

Your one man punk crusade is all very good and valid i've no doubts. But it gets a bit boring after seeing you moan on about how yet another band is not 'punk'. Or yet another thread about your favourite 'extra thick crust punk bands of September 1993'.

Ok, you weren't critical of GC earlier as you didn't know about them. So they were ok when they weren't popular? Couldn't that be said for any band? How many bands have you seen becoming huge then having a massive backlash. LOADS.

But wait, How can you say you don't knock GC? You went mental at them for not being punk earlier in this thread. I personally dislike their music, but am not going to slag them off, i'll just ignore it.[/quote']

I'd thought I'd made it clear that that was all I was gonna say. So what's with these questions?

I have berated numerous bands who I do not like? Cept maybe Norma Jean, and on this occasion GC, I have not singled out any other outfits. But regarding your main point - if I believe a band (or companies) practices damaging to the punk community, then I (and others) will say so. We ain't just gonna stand back and allow others to fuck with our scene - allow them to destroy our work.

You have a problem with me posting threads bout particular bands? Should I not be permitted to do so?

And no, GC were not "okay" prior to making it big. I said nothing of the sort, so do not twist what I did say, and that was that most folks were not then aware of them. Jesus. How many times do I have to say this? It ain't coz they're a popular band. I ain't got a problem with that. They're a pop outfit, paraded as punk.

And no, I did not say that I did not knock GC, but said that I did so not to appear cool, but so as to make a valid point.

Look man, I would have said not a thing bout GC here. I reacted only coz you took a swipe at their critics. Your point regarding ealousy was ridiculous, so I challenged it.