aberdeen-music

local release of the year!

Guest stuartmaxwell

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

really??? i thought you would have chosen the filthpact 12" :)

ach well' date=' i cant always be right :p[/quote']

Ah well, thats obviously my second choice, but what can I say i think that I was won over by romanian love songs ;) If you like I can probably even tell yu what my favourite local release next year will be

;)

Cheers

Stuart

I was SO out of touch for years, that if someone had told me I'd enjoy ANY local release I'd have laughed, but since getting involved (and impressed) with the local music scene I've very much enjoyed the Eric Euan, Simon Gall Band, Maple and Le Reno Amps recent CDs, plus Ian Simpson's, too. However the one I play most is Philip Johnston's "Sundaram" demos. It's up there with the best of all the albums I've heard this year. It should be issued on a "real" label.

Guest stuartmaxwell

i would mention guts on fire of north east scotland but i am biased and we arent really local (we havent played aberdeen since last boxing day-and that was to about 11 people)

however there may be an impromptu guts show in aberdeen so keep your eyes peeled on this here forum for cryptic details...