aberdeen-music

Jobs in One-Up or The Belmont

Guest idol_wild

che u couldnt be more right. what makes 1up so special? work is work

Yup, even if you love the place now, give it a month or so and soon you won't want to go near the place because it'll remind you of work. nearly 2 years on and i still can't go to Millie's Cookies because of all the bad memories but so far the lemon tree is going ok

Yup' date=' even if you love the place now, give it a month or so and soon you won't want to go near the place because it'll remind you of work. nearly 2 years on and i still can't go to Millie's Cookies because of all the bad memories but so far the lemon tree is going ok[/quote']

you'll hate it soon

sure the atmosphere seems cool jus now, free live music, meeting new folks (usually drunk) but soon you'll grow tired of it all.

If you'd asked a week ago, you could have applied for the post of Cleaning Lady in my flat. In the end, I just picked a random name out of the Yellow Pages and she's very good at her job, but then for 12.50 an hour, I'd expect her to be. Still, I've seen no signs of her smoking Lambert & Butler or riding a mo-ped - that's what you get when you pay premium rates.

empire records is this most moronic' date=' cliched, spineless, pointless film in the history of cinema

it makes bad boys II look like the godfather part II[/quote']

I heard that people who like Empire Records also think Godfather Pt. III was the best one..

Guest haigyman
I want a job in the Virgin game store. Some great people there. Apparently Burger King and McDonalds are the worst places to work. Ever.

tesco coffee shop is hardly great, but it's one of those "shit work, good pay" situations

Who the fuck do you have to suck off to gain employment?

Do you actually want to work there for the enjoyment of working there? Or to gain some more of your precious 'Scene Points'. :moody:

I want a job in the Virgin game store. Some great people there. Apparently Burger King and McDonalds are the worst places to work. Ever.

I reckon its far too small, and it has the feeling of one-up, with the ugly feeling floor and standing up all day :help:

well working in a store that sells somthing your fairly passionate about is going to be fun and im sure one-up offers a fairly decent wage so it can't be too bad...also instores are gonna be cool too :up:

Oh how Jim will be pissing himself!

Best days in One Up are Sundays and Mondays.

Guest idol_wild
Do you actually want to work there for the enjoyment of working there? Or to gain some more of your precious 'Scene Points'. :moody:

Yes, well done, you disparaging clown. I don't have over 500 posts on this site, so do you think I want to be part of the 'scene'?

Firstly, this thread was started in a largely jocular manner - it wasn't serious. It was light-hearted. Succinct, but light-hearted.

Secondly, your now common anti-'scene' stance is as pathetic as the whole 'scene' mentality itself.

And to satisfy people's inquisitiveness: working in either of those places would appeal to me because it'd be excellent to work in an environment in which I was tuned to. I love films and I love music.

Pretty fucking simple, really.