aberdeen-music

MMW interview

Dan G

As Ben rightly said the amount of free publicity threads like this generate for the band is a total bonus!!! As they say-no publicity is bad publicity. I do think it's funny though that people have such a hatred for a band that themselves generate a fair bit of publicity for the aberdeen scene in general.

:up:

what "free publicity" is this generating for them anyway?, who else reads these boards apart from the people who are signed up to it and the people who know about these messageboards?

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You really do appear to be the most boring human being to be gifted with internet access..Every one of your posts I've read most of and seemed to lose whatever point you're vaguely stabbing at. Please everyone' date=' just stop posting about this, it's really very dull.

Mistake noted: Don't post anything on aberdeen-music about music, for you'll get e-raped by morons who have absolutely no idea what they're trying to insult you about anyway.

Oh and, musn't forget

Cheers

Alex.[/quote']

you can use words of 3 syllables if you want' date=' it'll be difficult for you to keep so rooted on the your high-horse and continue the stunning display of how to be a pretentious wanker, i really am taking a hefty amount of notes here.

this whole thread is about an interview about music by a musician and with questions posed by a music fan, posted on an american music website, discussed on a music forum, by someone in the music "business" as you claim to be.

hows about...you stop posting about something you - by your own admission - know nothing about? you may have read many interviews, so have i...i don't have the anal-nature or the time or the desire to pick it apart and make a fuss about it, again, resorting to playground tactics, but grow up for god's sake.

not about music at all...nope.[/quote']

oh dear alex, what a silly child you are, i hope one day you will be able to take constructive criticism properly and not resort to cheap name-calling and churlish machismo when someone gives an honest frank opinion about anything the band you're in has done, believe me if you start railing against journalists and professionals who are trying to criticise you in a mature fashion as Stuart has done then you're not going to last very long in this business so i suggest you take another tact than the one you've taken on this thread, its a child throwing his toys out of his pram pretty much and for the record - grow up for god's sake ;)

those two posts of your's that i have highlighted proves your "anal nature" only exists to prove that your head seems to be firmly stuck up your backside

lots of love, faith and devotion

from my minds weapon's newest biggest fan,

el flosso;)

I can't be assed trawling through all this bullshit, but I'd sum the Weapon interview up in one word: decent.

Ben puts his thoughts across articulately, whether you happen to agree with them or not is no biggie. Interestingly, it seems that most of the criticism is coming from the older members of this forum. If I were MMW, I wouldn't get too worked up about this. Last time I checked, octogenarians weren't your target audience.

As far as i recall, the only person who seemed to have a personal problem with the members of mmw was Sky. It seems to me that this thread is being kept alive by people whining that other people have posted insults about the band. All i said was that it was a really awful interview. does that have fuck all to do with the band's music? I haven't even properly heard my minds weapon, the last time i did was some real bad-quality demos way back before they started, so i have yet to have a complete opinion on their music

If anything, the "insults" are coming from the members (ie. Dan Atom for his "harry is about as useless as..." comment, and Alex's nice little addition "You really do appear to be the most boring human being to be gifted with internet access..").

The only "insult" I am seeing which isn't from a member of the band is Jester calling Ben arrogant

Interestingly' date=' it seems that most of the criticism is coming from the older members of this forum. If I were MMW, I wouldn't get too worked up about this. Last time I checked, octogenarians weren't your target audience.[/quote']

lets take a scenario then - if my minds weapon put an album out thats reviewed by anyone in their late 20s or early 30s then that means their opinions and criticism means less because of their age?

thats a pretty silly point if ever i saw one

As far as i recall' date=' the only person who seemed to have a personal problem with the members of mmw was Sky. It seems to me that this thread is being kept alive by people whining that other people have posted insults about the band. All i said was that it was a really awful interview. does that have fuck all to do with the band's music? I haven't even properly heard my minds weapon, the last time i did was some real bad-quality demos way back before they started, so i have yet to have a complete opinion on their music

If anything, the "insults" are coming from the members (ie. Dan Atom for his "harry is about as useless as..." comment, and Alex's nice little addition "You really do appear to be the most boring human being to be gifted with internet access..").

The only "insult" I am seeing which isn't from a member of the band is Jester calling Ben arrogant[/quote']

the interview is bog standard and pretty naff but i think the name-calling generated from people who can't differentiate between slaggings and constructive criticism, i think most bad reviews usually descend into personal attacks against a band but i don't think Stuart(jester) ever did anything to condescend or insult anyone, he gave his criticism without being abusive and without being pernickity or pretentious, i think what he did do was give them some advice on how better to approach the situation next time round and make it work to their advantage rather than their disadvantage

the media is the most powerful thing a band can use to push their music forward, my minds weapon would do well to listen to what Stuart has to say instead of slagging him off and dismissing everything he says, besides he was giving an answer to someone else's question, Bob asked him various questions and he answered them in a mature manner, end of story, i think the level of abuse he was given was unwarranted and unnecessary ;)

cool interview. I thought you Ben got all the answers accross pretty well.

I'm pretty bored of the whole slating of MMw. I've had my fair share of digs at them(only when i felt they were warranted) but good on them. How many other bands have got interviews on American based websites? few i'm guessing.

was the date that they formed really such a big thing Dianne? wow.... so it was an honest mistake. how come you didn't pick up on the James BrIce mistake? in fact, lets go through the entire interview and pick up on all the mistakes. ye haw!

good luck to the band.

J

i think dianne picked up on it because of the fact that it's misleading and makes MMw seem like they've been around for ages and are a well established act when in fact they haven't been around that long "on the scene"...don't know if there's anything else to it and to be honest it's none of my business. :)

Mark.

i think dianne picked up on it because of the fact that it's misleading and makes MMw seem like they've been around for ages and are a well established act when in fact they haven't been around that long "on the scene"...don't know if there's anything else to it and to be honest it's none of my business. :)

Mark.

But at the start of the interview it clearly states they are a young band in terms of how long they have been around, also it talks about their first ep which was recorded this year. Im not having a go at you but i think she was just trying to take a shot at them.

The best thing about this tread is that jester1470 has had the most to say about MMW' date=' but this person hasn't seen them play live or hear any of there stuff. Also he write alot of stuff most bullshit, which i ended up skipping in the end.[/quote']

I'm intrigued as to find out what you think I said is bullshit ? The fact that I haven't seen them and heard them shows that I don't have an axe to grind, I've also said nothing about MMW as a band, I just stated how the interview came across. I'm not quite sure why you think you know a lot about me or what I have done or why I say what I do.

As I've said before, I'm not jealous, I have no reason to be, I've not got an axe to grind, I don't care. I just tried to help out by stating how it came across to somone who knew nothing. You want a reason why ? OK say MMW are trying to get supports on a tour and get in touch with the management company to ask, as well as listening to the demo the first thing the company will do is a web search, if the interview was to come up, they seem to have so much attitude and all fuck this and fuck that, I wouldn't want them on a bus with me for 2 weeks. You want a band that comes across as professional, that was my point. At the end of the day that won't matter if you have the contacts and can bypass the management and get the bands to take you on but most tour supports are still taken on to a large degree by the management and the chances are they're not as rock and roll as the band, they're businessmen who want a band who will be slick and do what they can to help make things run smoothly.

You don't have to like me or what I say but it is true for a band trying to get out of Aberdeen you should be portraying a professional attitude and this didn't seem that way to me. None of it was an attack on the band, just until they are more established with more interviews and web prescence then that's what's up there to portray them.

Cheers

Stuart

The best thing about this tread is that jester1470 has had the most to say about MMW' date=' but this person hasn't seen them play live or hear any of there stuff. Also he write alot of stuff most bullshit, which i ended up skipping in the end.[/quote']

Which is why he didnt talk about their songs :rolleyes:

As far as i recall' date=' the only person who seemed to have a personal problem with the members of mmw was Sky.[/quote']

Where did I say I had a personal problem with a member or members of the band? It was WalkingOnGlass who said that I was "still having a sulk over the fact that he used to have a crush on Ben's girlfriend, and she knocked him back." He stated I had a personal issue with Ben, not me.

To put this straight again: I am not currentlynor have I at any time in the pastbeen physically attracted to, or romantically interested in, Ben's girlfriend.

I may not have made myself clear on the issue of grudges, however: any and all grudges I hold are formed for valid, concrete reasons (usually mistreatment/abuse of someone important to me). I do not, and cannot ever foresee myself, forming grudges over insignificant events like being called names on the Wasteland or being "knocked back". Consequently, I have no grudges towards any member of MMw, and any impression I may have given of a grudge was entirely accidental.

I do, however, admit that I enjoy getting a rise out of people, and MMw are just such a tempting target...

Where did I say I had a personal problem with a member or members of the band? It was WalkingOnGlass who said that I was "still having a sulk over the fact that he used to have a crush on Ben's girlfriend' date=' and she knocked him back."[/i'] He stated I had a personal issue with Ben, not me.

To put this straight again: I am not currentlynor have I at any time in the pastbeen physically attracted to, or romantically interested in, Ben's girlfriend.

I may not have made myself clear on the issue of grudges, however: any and all grudges I hold are formed for valid, concrete reasons (usually mistreatment/abuse of someone important to me). I do not, and cannot ever foresee myself, forming grudges over insignificant events like being called names on the Wasteland or being "knocked back". Consequently, I have no grudges towards any member of MMw, and any impression I may have given of a grudge was entirely accidental.

I do, however, admit that I enjoy getting a rise out of people, and MMw are just such a tempting target...

It was merely the impression given by your posts. I don't care about the latter part of this post though, and didn't have a clue about it before you told me

Apoligies for my misunderstanding

Interestingly' date=' it seems that most of the criticism is coming from the older members of this forum. If I were MMW, I wouldn't get too worked up about this. Last time I checked, octogenarians weren't your target audience. [/quote']

lets take a scenario then - if my minds weapon put an album out thats reviewed by anyone in their late 20s or early 30s then that means their opinions and criticism means less because of their age?

No, it just means that My Mind's Weapon and their fans will pay little attention to the comments of such critics. Just because they can.