aberdeen-music

MMW interview

Dan G

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the way Ben has talked in the same defensive and equally aggresive manner that he has on the message boards. That really sums him up his inability to have interviews as well as take on negative critisims.

(Not the views/Opinions or indeed close thoughts of Birdman)

I have to admit I did think it was a terrible interview and made the band seem really like a school pub band, there was nothing that you could take seriously about it. I all seemed to be very gunbg ho and 'yeah man' and nothing of substance. You might be able to get away with that if you're an established band but it seems a bit self defeating in a small band from Aberdeen.

Cheers

Stuart

Guest stuartmaxwell
Jesus Christ. People are still ragging on MMW. Nothing ever changes but the forum skin....

jamesy reckons i am a cunt to them online??usually they take things the wrong way, no harm intended etc

i really thought that people would take to abusing REAP and make them the new whipping boys, it hasnt really happened though, bit of a shame really, they do deserve it more than mmw

ghastly indeed

Guest WalkingOnGlass
Was it just me' date=' or did I read My Mind's Weapon have been together since 2000?

Oh how I laugh...[/quote']

It was a simple mistake, that's all..

My Mind's Weapon recommend Family Guy, it's full of jokes and deeds that may brighten up your life..Failing that, I hear there's a new Delia show on sky..

It's just I assume that that interview was taken in by e-mail' date=' and since April 2000 was mentioned twice, it seemed probable that it wasn't a typo.

I actually own a Family Guy boxset, thankyou very much for the recommendation though. It's not as good as you guys make out, but then again, perhaps my sense of humour is not so accomplished as your own. I'll work on it...[/quote']

I love Fmaily Guy, but agree that the interview looks like its just been set up to make them look like a cool and established band instead of a small local band.

Cheers

Stuart

Guest WalkingOnGlass
I love Fmaily Guy' date=' but agree that the interview looks like its just been set up to make them look like a cool and established band instead of a small local band.

Cheers

Stuart[/quote']

The interview was just something we were asked to do, it doesn't give any deliberate false information at all, maybe there was some kind of misunderstanding, there's no reason for us, or anyone, to lie about how long we've been around y'know..

Anyways, thanks for taking the time to read it, it's appreciated, regardless of opinion.

Jamesy MMw

Was it just me' date=' or did I read My Mind's Weapon have been together since 2000?

Oh how I laugh...[/quote']

Most people tend to lie in interviews. It's just more irritating when you can tell they are lying without a doubt.

I read the interview right through, and it really did make me cringe. But it has taught me a lesson - don't do an interview for an american site, because it really ends up reflecting on your band THAT bad.

How dare you.....

If it was a lie...I bet you are the first band to up yourself in the interest of self promotion :moody:

Who cares.....it was a nice little interview that wont do the band any harm...

The shit I have read in interviews over the years..... :rolleyes: if its an established band the fans lap it up like soup...if its a band you know personally they get slated to fuck.

How dare you.....

If it was a lie...I bet you are the first band to up yourself in the interest of self promotion :moody:

Who cares.....it was a nice little interview that wont do the band any harm...

The shit I have read in interviews over the years..... :rolleyes: if its an established band the fans lap it up like soup...if its a band you know personally they get slated to fuck.

Well that's just a bitch, isn't it?

The people who need to move on are those attacking MMw for sweet FA.

OK I haven'rt seen the band, never heard them, I'm certainly not swayed by the opinion of others on them. I am someone with a lot of expierience in the media and I read it with no particluar opinion. My comments were based on how the interview came across. To me it came across like a bunch of 16 year olds playing at being punk stars. I know this isn't true so I didn't see the need for them to try and come across like that. I think if the band had answered the questions without saying 'what the fuck' and stuff then it would have made them look like they were articulate and capable of doing something. As I said before, established bands can get away with this, but in this case it looked, to me as childish and attempt to look cool.

Sorry, not an attack on the band never even heard them i don't think, but an attempt to give constructive criticism.

Cheers

Stuart

OK I haven'rt seen the band' date=' never heard them, I'm certainly not swayed by the opinion of others on them. I am someone with a lot of expierience in the media and I read it with no particluar opinion. My comments were based on how the interview came across. To me it came across like a bunch of 16 year olds playing at being punk stars. I know this isn't true so I didn't see the need for them to try and come across like that. I think if the band had answered the questions without saying 'what the fuck' and stuff then it would have made them look like they were articulate and capable of doing something. As I said before, established bands can get away with this, but in this case it looked, to me as childish and attempt to look cool.

Sorry, not an attack on the band never even heard them i don't think, but an attempt to give constructive criticism.

Cheers

Stuart[/quote']

Fair enough point i think.