aberdeen-music

2014/2015 Season Thread

Woodsinho

The ball to Rakitic was superb. Nice finish too, it wasn't an easy one.

Totally bollocks penalty from Aguero. Why are so many top players shite penalty takers now? Why aren't they just Ricky Lamberting it right into the top corner? It's too tippy-tappy, waiting for the keeper to move so they can roll it to the other side, then they end up putting it at perfect goalkeeper height and barely into the corner. Looks suave when you send the keeper the wrong way, but you look like a fud if he palms it away with ease, in your most important game of the season.

Just smash it, you chode.

Nah, I'm all for a placed penalty but pick a side and stick with it. You can generate enough power with a side foot from twelve yards away that if you're accurately in the corner it will be difficult for the 'keeper, even if he picks the correct side.

LOW AND HARD. Always. Applies to every aspect of life tbf.

Placed penalties are swell, so long as you're putting it right into the side netting and along the ground, so even if the keeper goes the right way, he's not saving it, unless he goes early and fully commits himself to getting right across to that post, which a lot of keepers don't. If you're lifting your penalty 2 feet off the ground like Aguero did, that's right where a keeper wants it. Why put it there, ever? If you're going to put it there, at least twat it as hard as you can, so if the keeper gets a hand to it, then it's going to break his arm and roll in anyway.

Low and hard, top corner, or down the middle with height on it so the keeper doesn't save it with his legs.

Any other kind of penalty is wrong. Including Pirlo's chips. I don't care if he scores them. He's wrong. Balotelli's stutter run ups are rubbish too. If you're not confident taking a free shot at goal from 12 yards without having to try and fanny the goalkeeper about with feigned shots, then let someone else take it.

Edited by Soda van Jerk

The Wenger Out Brigade have no idea who to call for to replace him just now.  It's pretty funny.

City fans seems to be the same. They want Pellers gone, with some even suggesting a dug-out tag-team of Patrick Vieira and Brian Kidd, since there are no viable options available elsewhere.

Some United fans want Van Gaal gone too, but are also deluded into thinking they'd be able to snag Mourinho from Chelsea. Lolol

I assumed Man City would just throw money at Simeone or the like.

I don't know what Arsenal fans really want anymore.  1 point off second in the league (should probably be doing a bit better but have had a bunch of injuries again), FA cup semi (good draw).  

Obviously the Monaco was an embarrassment and seeing the draw is now Juventus it's even worse!  Still it's not bad, certainly could be worse!

I'm pegging Juventus as a dark horse. Tevez is on fire in the best form of his career (24 in 28!) and Morata looks great too. They have one of the best midfields around, but have often struggled to put the right players at either side of it. Still not great defensively (though not terrible either), but look strong everywhere else.

I expect Juve to get past Monaco but I can't see them going any further than that. It's good that they've finally had a good European campaign again but I think the fact they've underperformed recently will cost them when they come up against one of the very top teams. I don't think the team quite has the necessary experience.

Flood was absolutely dire yesterday. Just slowed everything down when he had the ball and didn't seem to have the ability to make a forward pass. It gave Dundee time to get men at the back whenever he had the ball. The same seemed to happen with McGinn but for him it was more that he wouldn't/couldn't take players on and just stalled with the ball. No idea what Jack was thinking for the goal but only Jamie Langfield could get beat the near post. Incredible stuff.

The only positive was that Driver looked to have potential so once he is 100% match fit I think he will be brilliant with Hayes on the other side.

Drawing that match yesterday was a big disappointment, awful goal to give away. I'd really like us to go on and as high a points total as possible.

Ooh goal for Mata, it's good to see him getting proper game time again. It's been a decent start to the match, I hope it finishes 4-4.

I'm planning on going to sleep straight after and then get up again at 5am for Barca - Madrid which in hopeful is going to be a cracker.

Mata's 2nd goal was slick.

Gerrard is a bell end. What is he doing? Ridiculous stamp. Balotelli should have been off for two yellows as well, and then Skrtel does the same stamp Gerrard did but on De Gea. He should also get a ban, as the referee didn't see it.

Rooney was pisspoor, summed up by his terrible penalty. Why do penalty takers put it right where goalkeepers want it? It was as bad as Agueros. High or low. Never in between.

Why is Sterling playing as a full back? Glen Johnson is pretty poor, but Sterling's their best attacking player. Would it not be better to play Johnson. Pushing him back seems daft. He was barely in the game.

Edited by Soda van Jerk

Mata's second was great.

The clasico was a strange match. Periods of it were great while other periods were utter dross.

Benzema's back heel set up and Suarez's control and finish were both fantastic. Barca's dominance in the final twenty minutes means they could have won by more but they were lucky half time came when it did.

Edited by Paranoid Android

I thought real looked more likely to score first. They seemed really hesitant in the final third. Although that's maybe as much to do with barca's defence which was superb at times. Bale in particular looked very unsure of himself. Marcelo is a player. Isn't he out of contract this year? And he's not on spectacular money if I remember right.

You're right, it was as exhilarating as it was boring.

Clasico was painful to watch at times. The amount of writhing around on the ground just seems to get worse every year.

I keep hearing about how great Neymar has been this season, but it seems that every time I watch a Barca game he's a bit crap. Either being greedy and taking wild shots or just running down dead ends.