aberdeen-music

2014/2015 Season Thread

Woodsinho

We need someone -- anyone -- who knows how to manage a football team. That's it. The passivity is killing us. I am genuinely stunned that an incredibly successful businessman like Ashley can't see how much money relegation is going to cost him.

Talks of Coloccini being stripped of the captaincy and Carver being given a vote of confidence now. Fuck me. These are the worst of times.

Carver is sitting at a set of traffic lights when a voice boomed out 'Your doing a great job!'.  Then Dick Advocaat drove off...

I would rather the relegation places stay as they are, and not see Newcastle dragged in. It's unfortunate that Burnley look like certainties. They've just not had much luck, but they play some good football. Dyche is a good egg n'all.

But Sunderland and QPR going down would be great. Nobody likes Sunderland anyway. They've meandered pointlessly for years, kind of like Wigan did before they finally got the relegation they deserved for the past several years. A good relegation will sort Sunderland out.

And QPR are a circus. One of the biggest wage bills in the league, as well as recording the biggest losses. It was said in the summer that if QPR get relegated, they face the prospect of going straight to League 1, due to breaking FFP rules whilst in the Championship. That will cause a stir.

The Juve - Madrid game was pretty good. Juve deserved the win and it's probably the best result for setting up a good second leg. 

Another fairly anonymous performance from Bale last night, I wonder how much money it would take for him to be sold this summer.

I'm very interested in how Bayern are going to set up tonight. I wouldn't be surprised if they set up quite deep and defensively. Like the other semi I'm hoping for a home win with both sides scoring to keep it interesting. 

Bale has been playing really strangely recently.

He was totally anonymous last night and didn't seem like he wanted to get into the game. He'd drift into quasi-attacking positions off the ball and just float around without ever looking like he wanted the ball. Seemed keen on getting rid of the ball when he did have it. 

That said, he's still had some fantastic performances this year and his stats are still pretty damn good. It's notoriously difficult to get up and running at Real and he came out the blocks really well. A few sub-par games and the fans/media on his back, then his injury and suddenly he's now perceived as a bit of a flop. I personally think any team would be mad to think about selling such an asset. Real are nuts if they're not entirely building the team around him and Ronaldo. There were glimpses of the BBC (cringe) in full flow this season and it was glorious. 

It was a fantastic match. The best I've seen in quite a while. It feels a but strange that it's ended with such a decisive win for barcelona as by the time they scored it felt like their best chances might have already come and gone. 

A Barca - Juve would be great and it's a match up which hasn't been seen loads of times already in the recent years. 

Went to the Aberdeen game today.

Ref was a powercunt.

Someone threw pie at Scott Brown.

As the game went on, shouts from the crowd of "man on!" became "mink on!".

RIP Vergil Van Dijk, who died from constantly recurring cramp. Thoughts are with his family.

Pretty awful game of football.

• Upvote 1

It was a nasty game of football. Frustrating from an Aberdeen POV, as we created quite a few chances that we couldn't finish. Shankland's miss towards the end was minging. It's a shame they took that Fisher lad off though: horrific footballer. Shay Logan had a great game in spite of the horrible abuse he was receiving, and the nasty tackles they seemed to be targeting him with. Comfortably the best right-back in the league for me.

The cramp thing was very cynical. The game must've stopped four or five times for that nonsense. I guess that's just the kind of gamesmanship you have to overcome these days.

Edited by Murrr

No player on a side which is losing and battling to get back in the game has ever suffered from cramp. It's only players on the side winning by 1 goal. Always.

Thompson is a pretty awful referee in terms of allowing games to flow. He kept pulling everything back, even if the ball was just a yard or so away from where a free kick should be taken, same with throw ins. Aberdeen took a free kick quickly after the referee had finished giving Fisher a telling off (should have been booked, IMO). But it got pulled back because he hadn't blown his whistle.

And then he counted 8 steps for the distance of the wall for a direct free kick, instead of 10. That was great.