aberdeen-music

2014/2015 Season Thread

Woodsinho

It's a pity Wilfried Zaha is such a profligate waster - I had it in my head that commentators would throw in a Partridge-esque "ZA-HA" whenever he scored.

Zaha going back to Palace is a Steve Parish signing. Now Warnock has to deal with the kid on a daily basis. I believe the imminent Zaha signing was one of the reasons Pulis started to grate with Parish - Pulis had no desire to work with such a little bastard, basically.

Strikes me as a similar sort of knucklehead to Ravel Morrison. Two players destined to light up the Championship in years to come.

Manchester United really have spunked away a lot of money on seriously shit transfers over the years.

• Upvote 1

The Veron one is a mystery. He definitely wasn't a bad player. He was world class at the time.

The one time Fergie bought a world class midfielder, he already had the best midfield duo he could possibly have in Keane and Scholes anyway. Veron wasn't ousting either of them out of the team.

Then came the "Roy Keane replacement", Liam Miller. He was even born in the same town as Roy Keane. Like for like.

Liam_Miller_280x390_848773a.jpg

I also remember the man Fergie called a "future captain", big William Prunier, who was brought in to replace Steve Bruce

7ec17f93228e923792ca1ed4a9103f6c.jpg

You could put together a couple of squads of Fergie Failures. He brought in some pure shithouses.

That is a ludicrous statement. Veron was world class and didn't work out, Fellaini was ok at getting balls lumped onto his chest at Everton.

So you don't think Everton built their team and style of play around Fellaini and he's not been as good at Utd as a result of them not playing the type of football he's comfortable playing? How's that any different to Veron? (Once again, forget the type of player- focus on the situation).

So you don't think Everton built their team and style of play around Fellaini and he's not been as good at Utd as a result of them not playing the type of football he's comfortable playing? How's that any different to Veron? (Once again, forget the type of player- focus on the situation).

Sure, I didn't deny Everton did that and it worked quite well for them and Fellaini / he looks a lot shitter now no one is lumping balls on to his body.

You called Veron cack, which couldn't really be further from the truth, he just didn't like cloggers smacking him about in the prem, where in champions league he had the time to be the absolute world class operator he was.

I'm not denying he was a failure at United, he just wasn't shite (Like Forlan for example, who takes little stick).

To compare him to Fellaini is totally laughable.

I quite clearly meant he was shit at Utd.

You called him cack without adding the "at united" caveat.

And for the third time I'm not comparing players, I'm comparing situations.

I said that Veron was an outstanding player and you responded by saying "same could be said of Fellaini" ;-)