aberdeen-music

2014/2015 Season Thread

Woodsinho

Glenn Hoddle had a go at Strachan last night and he talked him down again. Strachan's a good value pundit IMO, would much rather hear him speak than half the shite that's polluted my TV the past couple of weeks.

The coverage in the US was great, if a little AMERICAN. Useful stats all over the shop and Roberto Martinez in the studio.

Glenn Hoddle had a go at Strachan last night and he talked him down again. Strachan's a good value pundit IMO, would much rather hear him speak than half the shite that's polluted my TV the past couple of weeks.

The coverage in the US was great, if a little AMERICAN. Useful stats all over the shop and Roberto Martinez in the studio.

If only they'd stop calling their group the GROUP OF DEATH.  It wasn't even that.  That was the Chile group.

Also at half time they barely got one sentence out then break.  Sentence, break.  Pundits were pretty good though and they had a capable presenter.  Unlike ITV.

Chiles is the only dampener on the ITV team, for me. Their actual pundits are good, but Chiles is awful. You wouldn't wish anyone to lose their job, but it seems to be universally accepted that Chiles shouldn't be on the telly. Martin O'Neill has been great. He doesn't take any of Chiles' shite.

Sherear and Lawro bring the BBC down as well, where as the rest of them are fine. Hansen is a bit repetitive but inoffensive. Rio Ferdinand and Thierry Henry have been good, and Clarence Seedorf is the greatest human being.

Edited by Joda Serk

Good signing. Looks like Emre Can will be announced in the next 24 hours too.

That said, they're going to struggle next season IMO. Especially without Suarez (if he goes to Barca, which is looking increasingly likely).

Liverpool desperately need to sign a truly European class centre back - they've been linked with Caulker and Williams, and although they're good players they need to look at better if they want to kick on. They'll also need another striker.

My bold prediction is they won't make top four in the league, but will progress to the semis of the Champions' League.

Classic Barcelona using the old FM 'unsettle player' technique:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28112887

Luis Suarez: Barcelona sporting director praises Liverpool striker

Barcelona's sporting director Andoni Zubizarreta has described Luis Suarez as "humble" and "an excellent player" after the Liverpool forward apologised for biting Giorgio Chiellini.

It's all a bit different though. For one thing, you can afford to spend a bit more on transfer fees to bring in Shaw and Lallana because they won't be close to Thiago Silva and Zlatan's wage demands.

There are many other considerations, but basically I'm saying it's all relative.

Oh aye of course, i totally get that. But still, same money for a second choice england midfielder as for arguably the worlds best centre half. It just shows how the EPL is on a different planet to anyone else when it comes to money in football. 

Ah well much the same then, both from English clubs.

Difference is Isco, is a real talent, and lit up the under 21 Euro Championships, along with playing brilliantly for Malaga, Lallana, at 26, has had ONE season in top flight football, yet both have moved for the same amount of money. Llarramendi again is much the same story. Shaw is in much the same boat as Lallana. albeit much younger.