aberdeen-music

Broccoli

Paranoid Android

What a fucking surprise.

Why? As a kid I'd often go to the fridge, rip some broccoli out and rinse it under the tap. I much prefer undercooked veg, unless, like Joda says, there's gravy. Mush is good with Gravy.

By the way, I assume you've turned South American Joda? And that it should be procounced Yoda Serk?

Why? As a kid I'd often go to the fridge, rip some broccoli out and rinse it under the tap. I much prefer undercooked veg, unless, like Joda says, there's gravy. Mush is good with Gravy.

By the way, I assume you've turned South American Joda? And that it should be procounced Yoda Serk?

I wasn't talking about brocolli.

• Upvote 1

A south american would not pronounce Joda as Yoda. What are you talking about Jake.

I didn't mention Tomato actually, because Tomato is a fruit. But Tomato is generally the best food on earth. Especially Cherry tomatoes. One crunch, and they detonate in your gob, like a flavour bomb.

While it is botanically a fruit, it is considered a vegetable for culinary purposes

Good enough for me, Tomato is going in at number 5 in my list.

I don't class onion as a veg. It's just a staple. A seasoning or flavour if you will. It gets chucked into most things.

Brocolli can be terrible if it's not done properly. It needs a bit of give to it but can't be too raw, and gets flavourless when boiled to fuck. Brocolli blended in soup is delicious yet its best use is in chinese cooking. There's something about the way they slice it at a jaunty angle and stir fry it that suits the loveable little green floret.

Cabbage is a much underrated vegetable. It steams like a dream and its BFF is butter. It can also be pickled in a variety of ways to delightful results.

• Upvote 1

Oh my, asparagus! Cucumber! Now my top five is in all sorts of doubt. Cucumber has to be in there. Spinach surely doesn't count as a vegetable?

People don't seriously like cucumber do they? It's just a practical joke for people that like courgettes.  Horrible tasting, full of water and they infect every dish they're in with their shitty flavour.