aberdeen-music

Music Trivia

ca_gere

Punk lunatic GG Allin was christened Jesus Christ Allin. His elder brother Merle pronounced his name Jeje as a child and this led to the GG.

I recently watched the documentary that he got made (it's all on youtube). Crazy crazy guy. Was his music any good? You can't really tell from the video footage.

I have a CD kicking about. 'Bite It You Scum' has a certain gonzoid appeal but other than that it's pretty much down to how much tolerance you have for badly recorded, highly un-PC punk rock. I don't listen to it often, lets say that.

Do you mean 'Hated'? Its a great watch, just upgraded my old VHS copy to DVD. Some of the music seems better in the context of the film.

I have a CD kicking about. 'Bite It You Scum' has a certain gonzoid appeal but other than that it's pretty much down to how much tolerance you have for badly recorded, highly un-PC punk rock. I don't listen to it often, lets say that.

Do you mean 'Hated'? Its a great watch, just upgraded my old VHS copy to DVD. Some of the music seems better in the context of the film.

Yeah, that's the one. I felt a bit sick watching it - he looks dirty as fuck.

Mark Hoppus of Blink 182 supports Chelsea. Gloryhunter.

The Henry Rollins solo album "Hot Animal Machine" was written entirely at 52 Harold Mount, Leeds as that is where his band mate, Chris Haskett, lived. In Leeds, the house is well known by locals as "The Rollins House".

The same Chris Haskett was also a touring member of Tool for a short period of time.

I once sat infront of Bez of the Happy Mondays at a United match. He loudly described a mazy Giggs dribble as "fuckin' sorted".

Edited by Joda Serk
  • Upvote 1