aberdeen-music

2013/2014 Season

Eupraxia

It seems harsh to leave Alan Shearer off, since his goal tally is untouchable. Does any player have a realistic shout of breaking it? Rooney is still 96 shy, and the only player with a chance. I don't think he'll do it though.

It's a criteria which is harsh on defenders too. It's easy to forget how good Tony Adams and Rio Ferdinand were in their prime years amongst all the goalscorers and flair players.

And Paul Scholes is always left off these things. Which is wrong. He was supreme.

So, everybody wins. Every Premier League player ever is in the top 5, from Darren Huckerby, to Ronnie Wallwork, to Andy Sinton. Well done guys. Joint first place. Zola, Bergkamp in the same bracket as Bebe and Chris Bart Williams.

Shearer has to make a top 5 list, surely?  Not only is he the top scorer ever in the PL, but predominantly for Newcastle, Blackburn and Southampton.  The vast majority of his goals were at Newcastle, the biggest club in that list, but still: not exactly Man United or Arsenal.  Then add in the fact that he had a very serious injury that could have ruined his career in the top flight, but he adapted his role to a target man and continued to bang them in. 

• Upvote 2

okay, easy.

Stephen Glass

Eoin Jess

Peter Fear

Albert Ferrer

Keith Gillespie

Ade Akinbiyi

Matt Elliot

Paulo Wanchope

Benito Carbone

Tony Warner

Jason McAteer

Atillio Lombardo

Dean Windass

Massimo Taibi

Joey Barton

Darren Anderton

Taribo West

Shaun Goater

Marian Pahars

Lucas Radebi

Emerson

Frank Leboef

Henning Berg

Tim Flowers

Ruel Fox

Is that 100?

Honestly thought I said Shearer was in my consideration when choosing those five and he would comfortably make a top ten but I have no problems leaving him out of the five, even if he is the top scorer.

Edited by Paranoid Android

Cole is underrated. Should have played for England more than he did. Alot of excellent strikers missed out because of Shearer and Sheringham.

Andy Cole's first touch was the business. RVP-like. You could blast the ball at him out of a cannon. He'd cushion it with ease with his first touch, and lob the keeper with the second.

Great rapper too, obviously.