aberdeen-music

2013/2014 Season

Eupraxia

Of course formations are as fluid as they have ever been but I have definitely seen United set out in a shape closer to 4-4-2 than anything else. Caveat that I haven't watched them in that many matches lately. It was 4-4-2 against Chelsea, it actually kind of worked in that game though despite the loss.

I can't remember the last time United played with 2 all out strikers. Rooney hasn't played the most advanced role for a long time, even when RVP was injured, he'd be behind Welbeck or Hernandez. That'd be more 4-4-1-1, which is essentially 4-2-3-1 anyway.

I also don't agree it was 4-4-2 against Chelsea, as Welbeck was upfront on his own. Januzaj isn't a striker. One of the problems was that Welbeck was so isolated in the box on his own as Januzaj and Young kept swapping roles.

I'm catching up on last weekend's highlights. I don't think it matters what system United play when they defend like that. What a shambles of a pair of goals to concede. Destroyed by Steve Sidwell.

Really great ball from Holtby, mind. The second goal was even worse. As if Bent scored. BENT!

Richardson should have scored in the first half too. The reason he didn't is because he's terrible.

Second goal had so many little things wrong. Vidic's pointless little header. Carrick deciding to flail around and claim a free kick while Sidwell was bursting through. De Gea not ding better with the initial save. No one reacting quicker than Bent.

Also is Tim Sherwood the luckiest manager in the league right now?

He was released from his contract early. The rumour at the time was that a teammate (allegedly Derek Young) caught him doing coke in the bogs on a night out and reported him to AFC. The club offered him the chance to come clean and they would support him and give him help, or deny it and take a drugs test, which if he failed he would be sacked. He refused both options and got the boot. Almost definitely bullshit but you never know.