aberdeen-music

2013/2014 Season

Eupraxia

Very sad news, it's crazy to think that a just year ago he was the coach of one of the biggest teams in the world and led them to their record points total. 

Paranoid Android and myself have done 10k in 11 years.  Soda's done 16,000 in 6!

The man's a machine, a football post machine. I'd guess that the vast majority of my posts are from the last 3-4 years though, I could have a silly amount if I posted as much in the old days but there was no reason to back before the internet could handle funny gifs and embedding youtube videos.

Sounds about right. There was definitely a Mr Burns avatar for a period. I posted in phases in the past but then there were times when I was abroad and not have internet access for months at a time and I stopped visiting the site. Eventually a while later once living here I came back and stuck around. Even though it was less busy I found it a nicer place and got into posting more I think. And not living in Aberdeen it became a good source of AFC news in this thread.

And yes there was the drunk phase.

Actually can we get that period deleted along with the homophobic thread. Lets just delete everything more than a week old and we'll never have any embarrassing post history.

Exxcept moon moon who's posts are embarrassing after a second. 

Edited by Paranoid Android

I'm not really sure why but this guy is my current favourite football related twitter feed. 

https://twitter.com/ReviewFootball

He seems totally earnest but I can't stop reading his tweets like a parody account of the most banal 'analysis' ever. I can't quite put my finger on why his insights crack me up so much.

"I thought Liverpool would finish 5th season. Can't believe they're in the Champions League properly. Amazing stuff."

"Everton really should have scored more than two goals here today, they're running riot."

"I don't think Suarez will score tomorrow."

cool input bro

I'm not really sure why but this guy is my current favourite football related twitter feed. 

https://twitter.com/ReviewFootball

He seems totally earnest but I can't stop reading his tweets like a parody account of the most banal 'analysis' ever. I can't quite put my finger on why his insights crack me up so much.

"I thought Liverpool would finish 5th season. Can't believe they're in the Champions League properly. Amazing stuff."

"Everton really should have scored more than two goals here today, they're running riot."

"I don't think Suarez will score tomorrow."

cool input bro

Sounds like Henry Winter's Twitter, to be fair. Least incisive journalist in the world. 

I don't think Man U are playing that much better here. Rather Norwich are so awful.

No doubt MOTD will tell us the difference GIGGSY has made and how it's so much better.

Also Rooney getting MOTM was a joke he literally scored those goals and that was it. One was a penalty as we'll for fucks sake. He's on his holidays already. Wearing his bandit mask and weighed down by his heavy pockets.

GIGGSY is a great human being.

I only watched Class of 92 a few weeks ago, and since then, 5 of them have became owners of Salford and 4 of them have now became the coaching team of Man Utd(obviously most of them were there already apart of it). It's crazy stuff.

I don't know who would have gotten MOTM if not Rooney. He certainly had the biggest influence in the game, other than Mata, but it's rare a player who plays 25 minutes gets the nod. Welbeck and Kagawa were playing well, but both were taken off.

United's 2nd half was probably the best they've played all season bar the away game at Leverkusen. Very cagey up until they went 1-0 up, but was anyone really expecting anything else? As Neville said, you don't just turn it on like a tap. The amount of times United have conceded early, a sensible first half was inevitable. Restricted Norwich to zero shots on target in the first half and played patiently.

I think there was a clear difference in the way Giggs had United playing compared to Moyes. Moyes seemed content to go 1-0 up and then absorb, and not even play on the counter or with any real pace. At 3-0 up, Giggs sends on another striker. It was generally more positive overall. United created chances and took shots at goal. Sky stats said 29 shots at goal, United's highest this season. Small steps, but a clear shift in mentality.