aberdeen-music

2013/2014 Season

Eupraxia

Van Gaal would be interesting, I'm not really sure he'd be exactly what the club needs but there isn't really a whole lot of choice around.

I think he's exactly what United need. A stop gap. He's won the title everywhere he's been, and the Champions League + UEFA Cup. He's totally badass too. He won't be standing for any of Rooney's shite.

If not Klopp, then I hope it's Van Gaal.

Tonight's game should be good. It'll be tight for sure but I think Atletico will score. I'll say 1-1 which will leave it in a very interesting position for the second leg.

I thought Chelsea were are home tonight for some reason. As it's in Madrid I'll go for an Atletico win, whether Chelsea score a goal or not will be hte most important thing.

Moyes must be feeling pretty shitty right now. Getting punted from his job is one thing but the fact that his glistening tenure as Everton manager seems less and less impressive now that Martinez has taken the exact same squad (minus one of their best players) and gotten them pushing into the top 4. The 2013-14 season will not go down as one of his best memories i'm sure.

I can see him taking over at somewhere like Blackburn (insert any unfashionable working class club) and doing a good job. He was given the chance to become part of that upper crust of top-level managers where media scrutiny is 100% more intense, pressure is immense and you're judged as much on your personality as your tactics. He obviously wasn't cut out for the jump but I still don't believe he is a 'bad' manager.

For me ,the worst thing for Moyes is that he was probably unsackable at Everton. He'd built a system that worked, he had a scouting system that suited the club's budget down to the ground - which was hugely effective, and he had a very solid style of play for a club buzzing around the 4th-8th region of the table. If he hadn't have taken the United job, he'd probably have been at Everton for many more years. He's pissed it up the wall. Obviously, he couldn't turn down the United job, but he'll probably never have security and stability like that again.

Giggs as caretaker. That's good I suppose. But it's no Paddy Evra player manager, which would be the ideal solution for the remaining four games. The ideal situation for me. Pat  :love:

And it was never going to be Klopp. He turned down Barca last season, so it was unlikely he;d go back on that for United. Regardless, he's so suited for the job.

Van Gaal will be good though. He's got some serious swagger. He's like Bielsa, but with trophies. He'll win the league in 2 years minimum, no doubt, but he'll probably leave the club in a total wreck, no fucks given.

Edited by Joda Serk

Chelsea were pathetic tonight and I'm fed up of people acting as if everything Chelsea do is some master stroke of Jose's. One person on the bbc feed said that he was a "tactical genius" because they were going all out attack and could attack at the end of hte second leg. It's one tactic, one even I could have thought of. I'm no genius. So many of the comments seemed to treat the match as if Chelsea were some huge underdog playing the greatest team ever. They are fairly evenly matched teams and with the importance of the away goal Chelsea should have been far more adventurous.

Every football hipster with his copy of Inverting the Pyramid under their arm knows what Pep tried was from the early to mid 20th century and not the 19th  :rolleyes:

Seriously though, that article was interesting. As someone who only really sees Youtube highlights of Bundesliga games I hadn't realised that Guardiola had been experimenting with such formations. Some would argue that his obsession with tinkering and being unpredictable cost his Barca team at times in his last season or two. I find his experimentation a very attractive quality as a coach but it can definitely be problematic when it doesn't work.