aberdeen-music

2013/2014 Season

Eupraxia

Good win for Newcastle today, how the fuck is Pardew under pressure? Ninth in the league doing quite alright I think.  Norwich were an embarrassment to East Anglia and Hughton could be on his way soon - he has lost the dressing room according to a Norwich fan I know.

Bugger Cambridge lost today, jesus I had forgotten what defeat feels like but we seem to be a bit lucky this season so far as results went our way and still six points clear....

Ridiculous the BBC deem Danny Murphy fit enough to grace the Match Of The Day Saturday night couch!

6YwddIo.gif

Good win.  Still haven't taken on any of the title contenders yet.

Wonderful goal. So, Ramsey is the best player in the world now it seems, after being pretty awful for a number of years. Glad he's doing well.

Liverpool have a solid starting 11. I don't think they have the depth to compete, but if they can get lucky with avoiding injuries, I think they can realistically be considered contenders at this stage. Especially as United, City and Chelsea are lacking consistency. I think Liverpool gave you a tougher game yesterday than what United will give you next weekend. United could scrape an ugly win, but I don't think there's much chance Arsenal will be on the backfoot too often.

I'd rather Arsenal won it than either of the El Plastico sides.

Riether is a colossal cunt. Boots Januzaj up the arse, then stamps on his ankle.

Stamp.gif

Referee saw none of it, so he should be retrospectively banned. That's two separate red card offences there, the twatcunt.

Spot on.

I'm surprised by how rubbish Soldado is doing, he looked about as interested as an Adebayor today.

Hope this game is better, a big brawl or two perhaps.

Soldado seems like a good finisher, but little else, and doesn't back it up with legs and mobility like other fairly limited strikers do, Hernandez for example.

They should just sack off strikers and play Gylfi as a false 9. Give him the ball all the time, and let him shoot whenever he wants. 100 goals a season.

Gylfi actually did get 45 goals for me one season in FM12, at Man U.  From central midfield too, not even attacking midfield.  At least a couple were from about 50 yards.  I seem to remember my best striker only getting 18 goals that season (Stevan Jovetic, I recall). 

Hernandez retweeted a link on twitter saying that he would have to consider his future at Man United if he didn't get regular playing time.

I'm surprised he's still there anyway, it's been like 18 months of really limited playing time and when he does come on he plays really well.  Could actually use him at Arsenal, we really need a change of pace up front when we rest Giroud.

He's a total poacher too.  Would work well with a class midfield.

Hernandez retweets pretty much any news story that mentions him. I think his account may be controlled by PR guys rather than him. Though that news story only has one line about him not getting enough playing time. Most of it is Carlos Vela talking about how good Hernandez is.

I agree though. He's immense, pretty much always scores, always knows where to be, and even when he's not scoring, he's making runs which create bags of space for other players to take advantage of. But Rooney and RvP are essentially un-droppable players. who do you take out to accommodate Hernandez? Though he did make 36 appearances last season. He played quite alot and scored 18. It's mainly this season he can't get a game. Moyes just hasn't taken to him.

It'd be shit if he left though. One of the most likeable players. If he leaves, I hope he goes to Spain, or somewhere far away. He'd totally tear it up at Arsenal or Chelsea.

Four crackers from the Dons last night, some strike from Hector. Hopefully keep up the good run on Saturday.

Partick looked pretty good in spells too mind you.

Aye - it was probably the best SPL match I've watched for years.  Aberdeen dominated but 4 was a bit harsh on Partick.  The boy's shot from the halfway line was really unlucky.

Does anyone still think that Rangers getting turfed out of the league was a bad thing?

Scottish Cup fourth round draw:

Falkirk v Rangers

Albion Rovers v Motherwell

Culter or Berwick Rangers v Dumbarton

Clyde v Stranraer or Auchinleck Talbot

Dundee United v Kilmarnock

Queen of the South v St Mirren

Stenhousemuir or Annan Athletic v Fraserburgh

Brechin City v Forfar Athletic

Alloa Athletic v Stirling Albion

Ross County v Hibernian

Dundee v Raith Rovers

St Johnstone v Livingston

Partick Thistle v Aberdeen 

Hearts v Celtic

Ayr United v Dunfermline

Inverness Caledonian Thistle v Morton

Despite last night's result that's a tricky draw for us.